What's a really good blues pickup? I'm putting it in my Telecaster Custom. It's gonna be a neck humbucker since my telecaster has 2 humbuckers rather than the regular telecaster pickup.
the one in there already isn't too bad, from what i remember. i'd seriously consider a new amp instead, that's your problem regarding a good blues tone. even something like a fender champion 600, valve junior, maybe one of those crate v-series amps (haven't tried them, but they seem to be good value at the moment)...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
actually I really like the one in there and I get a pretty sweet blues tone from my amp but the bridge pickup stopped working and I'm thinking of just moving the neck over and buying a better one for the neck. I've heard good things about duncans for blues and I figure it'd probably be better than what's in there even though it's already good.
I never use the bridge pickup on that guitar so I don't really care what's in there, that's why I don't just replace that.
59' or a jazz

both are amazing
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
oh, ok. i'm not sure i'd move the neck one to the bridge, if it's designed to work best in the neck position, it might not sound too good in the neck.

are you any good at soldering? odds are it's just a dodgy solder joint, rather than the pickup being broken...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You can do better than duncans. I always answer pickup threads with this, but go to rockmonkeyguitars.com and email the guy with your pickup request. He can at least point you in the right direct. Plus there's a 10% discount for UGers.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
the pickup isn't broken, you just have a wiring problem.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I don't know about the reissues but my old Fender with a Fender humbucker is a different size then a standard humbucker so you may need a new pickguard as well.

EMG is best for blues and also 4 teh br00tlz
that's a good point about the size, it'd be worth checking. from memory (could be wrong) they might use more than one screw for adjusting the height, too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I would get the pup re-soldered. If you can't do it, it won't cost more than $20 to have a shop do it. And like Dave said, concentrate on a new amp for blues/rock. The amps you have aren't the best at that - try a Classic 30 or Blues Jr and od and see what you think.
Single coils are better for blues... can you make that happen?
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by SenorSmiley
I don't know about the reissues but my old Fender with a Fender humbucker is a different size then a standard humbucker so you may need a new pickguard as well.

Uhhh nope...anyways I'd check out a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates. Would be nice for blues in the neck.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by SenorSmiley

Thats jazz and metal dude, not blues.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Quote by Slanderous666
Thats jazz and metal dude, not blues.