Hi guys I am 22 years old, is it too late for me to become great? guitar has become my ultimate passion, I practice around 6-9 hours a day and have been playing for five years and consider myself a intermediate but is it too late for me to make my own cd's and gig? many of the great players was releasing cd's at like 18 years old and it just hurts that im not making it. i had to be self taught because i never had the money for lessons. should i just give it up? being famous really doesnt bother me because what does it change? maybe someones bank balance but nothing else hey maybe it will make you feel better inside but i already have that. my goals were to just play in huge places and make my own cds, is it too late? i consider myself a sensitive person so maybe thats w hy its getting to me.
It's never too late.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
im 16, i started two years ago and i already feel like its too late..sometimes
i just believe in myself and never let people bring me down
its a dream
make it come true.
Of course not, there are several musicians who didn't really get started until a bit later in life, if you're only 22 you'll be fine (especially if you keep practicing the amount you do).
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!

It's Never too late.

EVER.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Quote by MetalMessiah665
Of course not, there are several musicians who didn't really get started until a bit later in life, if you're only 22 you'll be fine (especially if you keep practicing the amount you do).

Like Meatloaf, when started when he was 24. he never even said what he wouldn't do for love and he still got massive...

EDIT: Wigert, that picture scared the shit out of me.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
shit, you're only a year older than me and i'm only just getting started
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!
Dude, you have your whole life ahead of you. You only need to do 1 thing to make you great. Take your time
It's not too late...It's never too late...

Doesn't anyone like post-grunge anymore?
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Certainly not.

There are many bands that start to 'make it' well into their 30s, even 40s.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
the moral of this thread: don't vote for turkey neck
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Its never too late. And theres no need to be an amazing guitarist in order to be an amazing musician

The important thing is to get out there and play, show your face. You'll never get famous from practicing in your room
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Glen Tipton from Priest began when he was 21.
PICTURE YOURSELF IN A BOAT ON A RIVER
WITH TANGERINE TREES AND MARMALADE SKIES...
It's never too late, some of the great guitarists didn't pick up guitar until they were teenagers.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
yay everyone bring on the cheesy motivational comments. Lets give stories of musicians who made it later on in life.

Yes it's too late to become famous even though fame doesn't matter to you. I don't see why you can't make your own CD's and gig even if you're not that good
Quote by muddywaters51
yay everyone bring on the cheesy motivational comments. Lets give stories of musicians who made it later on in life.

Yes it's too late to become famous even though fame doesn't matter to you. I don't see why you can't make your own CD's and gig even if you're not that good

Its not cheesy motivational crap, its the truth. Anyone can achieve rocognition at any age if they're good enough.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
You weren't going to make it anyway, just accept the fact that you will be a nobody forever.

Like the rest of us.
Quote by wiggy1988
Its never too late. And theres no need to be an amazing guitarist in order to be an amazing musician

The important thing is to get out there and play, show your face. You'll never get famous from practicing in your room

Nah, bedroom shredding is where it's at, really busting out some innovative riffs there, changing the world.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Well if you're practising 6-9 hours you're bound to catch up on those lost years. Good luck!
Don't worry about it. If you think you've a decent handling of the guitar, go out and get yourself some like-minded musicians to form a band, and get the ball rolling. Keep working at it.

Good luck
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by CTFOD
Like Meatloaf, when started when he was 24. he never even said what he wouldn't do for love and he still got massive...

EDIT: Wigert, that picture scared the shit out of me.

Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
its never too late trust me. i started guitar 6 months ago. self taught form this website as well. and i thought i would never catch up to other gutarists i knew. i practised my arse off an played in a gig and they all admitted that in the 6 months i have become better then them all. (they have been palying from 3-6 years).

my point is you gotta practise because you love it. you will never get good at something if you dont love it. love what you do and that in itself is more of a reward then you can ask for
Gear:
Maton MS503
Squier Strat
Randall RG75DG3+
H & K 100W Switchblade
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Digitech Crossroads
Digitech Jamman
Zoom G1

Quote by Sol9989
Caramello wins life.

Quote by A8039077
Caramello, that's mother****ing genius!
Quote by Portuguese_boy
You weren't going to make it anyway, just accept the fact that you will be a nobody forever.

Like the rest of us.

I like your honesty.
It's never too late!
Just stick with it. I know someone who is 17, and have only been playing for 2 years. They're AMAZING.

Just keep practicing.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Quote by ShogunRonin
Hi guys I am 22 years old, is it too late for me to become great? guitar has become my ultimate passion, I practice around 6-9 hours a day and have been playing for five years and consider myself a intermediate but is it too late for me to make my own cd's and gig? many of the great players was releasing cd's at like 18 years old and it just hurts that im not making it. i had to be self taught because i never had the money for lessons. should i just give it up? being famous really doesnt bother me because what does it change? maybe someones bank balance but nothing else hey maybe it will make you feel better inside but i already have that. my goals were to just play in huge places and make my own cds, is it too late? i consider myself a sensitive person so maybe thats w hy its getting to me.

lets hear and see you man, the truth is now if you have the talent you will get signed despite not making any money you can do it if you have the talent, originality, personality looks etc. Its funny so many bands ive seen in the past be totally serious and no one has said to them, you will never make it because you are shit.
Guitar will never give you up, but Rick Astley might.

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha