Due to my location (no one around here teaches well) and my schedule, it's not possible for me to take lessons in person. So, I'm left with 2 options:
-learn by myself (free videos-youtube- and books)
-paid online lessons

My friends have less "skill" than I do, so it's fun to jam with them, but I don't really learn much from them.

I was wondering if lessons like this are just a scam and pretty much the same thing as the lessons on youtube and stuff?

Thanks
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Well, that one in particular looks like a huge scam. I dunno about others, I don't have any experience with them.
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
IMHO, if you're gonna pay for lessons, pay for lessons in person. There's a ton of free info online, and taking face-to-face instructions will allow your teacher to really evaluate your playing, posture, and technique, somthing that will be a lot harder to do online.

Just my 2 cents.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by Psalm 150:4
Due to my location (NO ONE AROUND HERE TEACHERS WELL) and MY SCHEDULE, it's not possible for me to take lessons in person. So, I'm left with 2 options:

no private lessons he said
i would go the free stuff mate, online pay lessons are a scam if you ask me. The gu says do this, doesn't give you enough time, then u get it wrong and are stuck theres nothing you can do. But if you look on youtube you can scroll the video back, pause it etc.

But if you do use a site called guitar tricks i think it is.

But mate, trust me I'm a guitar teacher to no-one older than 12 yrs old (assuming your older lol)
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=
No, it's not - there's shedloads of free stuff available.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Thanks guys, I'll just save my money.
I really wish I could take lessons, but there's just no way.

Would you suggest practicing for an hour a day if I want to be able to play A7X by Christmas? (now I'm pretty bad..only played about 6 months and not serious most of it) but I do play rhythm for church..but what they have me play isn't challenging.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
I tried and i didnt like it.
音乐是生活
Music is Life

Ibanez RG2550Z, Edwards Jimmy Page LP Relic Custom, 06 Fender Clapton SS, Line6 Spider III 112, Peavey Classic 30, Boss HD-1, Boss Green Label Chorus, Boss SD1 Overdrive, MXR Fuzz, Blues Breaker
Quote by Psalm 150:4
Thanks guys, I'll just save my money.
I really wish I could take lessons, but there's just no way.

Would you suggest practicing for an hour a day if I want to be able to play A7X by Christmas? (now I'm pretty bad..only played about 6 months and not serious most of it) but I do play rhythm for church..but what they have me play isn't challenging.

Yeh an hour a day would be nice but don't forget your key compomnents of guitar, which are you fingering, alternate picking and scales. There's many excercises for fingering and alternate picking, in fact you can do it at the same time as scales. If you don't know your scales I have made a guitar pro file of the G pentatonic scale, so just ask if you want it. I'd suggest practice 20mins a day on fingering, 20mins on scales and 20 or more on songs, in a few months you will be as fast as lightning, trust me.
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=
I started of signed up and paid for lessons at guitartricks.com, its was like $15 for a month subscription. It was good, but I don't know if I learned anything there that I couldn't have learned somewhere else.

Try justinguitar.com for lessons, that site seems really good, then if you think the lessons have helped you then you can donate as much as you think you should for the service he has provided for you.
nah there's alot of free stuff out there.. just google. sometimes the free are better than paid.. most of them are just scam.