Page 1 of 3
I went into GC after work today and there was a kid in short pants with his mommy playing "teh br00tlz" - complete with Diamond Darrell T-Shirt - way too loud with a POS Squier guitar.

I asked him (politely) to turn it down, as I was trying to actually purchase a guitar and his mom started yelling at me. I could tell by looking at the kid he spent most of his time eating cheesy poofs and posting on UG.

So I passed on the guitar I was buying but did pick up a Universal Audio preamp for my studio. I payed in Pro Audio and needed to get some strings.

Junior and his momma were checking out in front of me and the mother's check was declined by the computer. The sales creatin tried to get her to apply for the GC credit card and she got nervous but little junior threw a fit - this kid was about 13 mind you - so she did and was declined. I knew this would be a funny scene, so I had decided to "check out the pedals" instead of paying.

After she was declined she tried to calm the kid down by getting him some magazines. I was in front of them in line by this time and decided to buy the POS $199 guitar the kid had wanted.

The kid freaked out and I thought the mom was going to kill me. LOL!

I told them I needed a guitar for the scarecrow I was making for Halloween in my front yard.
So you spent $200 just to be a douche?

....well played.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Quote by Here_is_no_why
So you spent $200 just to be a douche?

....well played.

No, I spent $200.00 to teach this kid a lesson. And to make a scarecrow with a guitar - which my wife and son are making right now as I st here with a Hoegarden.

Plus $200 is a small price to pay to see some "evil br00tlz kid" cry with his momma. Everyone in GC was looking at them. Like the ad says, priceless.
wow.... you're a douche.... the kids young, so he can still learn.. but the mom seems like a b*tch....
Amazing!
bands/artists I've seen: Protest the Hero, LIGHTS, Andrew Bird, Flight of the Conchords, Incubus, Nine Inch Nails, Between the Buried and Me, Guthrie Govan, Cynic, The Devin Townsend Project, Scale the Summit, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Darkest Hour
way to be a douche bag
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
haha thats priceless! i dont think id ever spend 200 bucks just to do that, but im glad you did hahaha
hahahah. hilarious. if you want to unload that shiz after Halloween PM me, im sure I could make some use out of the body at least.
I was so frustrated after listening to the mother's mouth, the kid's loud playing and then getting stuck behind them I would have bought a Les Paul to piss them off.

I almost smashed it in the parking lot but figured the scarecrow would be funny. I'll probably give the guitar to this kid who lives down the street and babysits for us sometimes.
nice, but I'm 14 and id never do that, so in a way that kinda offended me.
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

Lol so much win. Amazing. Are you gonna return the guitar? Or perhaps pull of a Joe Strummer?

EDIT:
Quote by SenorSmiley
I'll probably give the guitar to this kid who lives down the street and babysits for us sometimes.

More win
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
Lets count shall we, the typical UG stereotypes of visiting Guitar Center.
Dimebag Darrel t-shirt (check) trying to play loud poorly (check) and on a crappy Squier (double check), making a scene at GC (check) and being a douche and laughing at other people not having money while you brag about buying an expensive item (check check checkity check). Lets see what the jury has to say about this.
Ahh yes the verdict is unanimous, you're full of sh!t for making up a story like that.
Next thread please.

PS. Kids don't believe everything you read online
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
If the kid was 8 I wouldn't have done it. He was like middle school or freshman in high school age.

Temper Tantrums are a pet peeve of mine. If it was my kid I would have knocked them into next week.
i love you. something like this happened to me, but i didnt buy the guitar, lol.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

Douchy move to buy the guitar the kid wants, but still pretty damn funny story. Props for actually going through with the purchase, and good luck with the scarecrow with the guitar; you should set it up so that some brutal death metal plays out of it while it's just chillin on your lawn. ^_^

Quote by SenorSmiley
Oh yeah, when the mom asked me who I thought I was I told her I was Ed Roman and to google me.

I actually lol'ed at that. If I had room in my sig, i'd totally sig that.
You should give the guitar to some kid who wants one that is nice. nuff said.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Yeah, at first I thought you were just a douche, but as long as you give it to a kid who actually deserves it I think you did a good thing. Taught one kid and his mom a lesson and got a guitar for a kid who actually deserves it. Two birds with one stone, so to speak.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
I'll be honest, I did it because the mom and kid were losers. Then I thought of the kid who always watches my kids when I need to go out with the wife so next time he he helps out I'll give it to him.
I applaud you. I pride myself in douche-baggery, but you good sir, you take the giant douche-bag shaped cake.
Now sell the guitar to some noob for 250$, and it's not as stupid. Funny sotry nonetheless.
UG's AC/DC Lover
Quote by SenorSmiley
I was so frustrated after listening to the mother's mouth, the kid's loud playing and then getting stuck behind them I would have bought a Les Paul to piss them off.

I almost smashed it in the parking lot but figured the scarecrow would be funny. I'll probably give the guitar to this kid who lives down the street and babysits for us sometimes.

at first i couldnt decide if u had pulled a douche move or an epic win
but this^ along with the fact that i hate kids who r spoiled bitches like that made me give u....
WIN!
Quote by altoidwithmelon
You dont lose your virginity, you voluntarily misplace it.

Quote by Ur all $h1t
You should bottle up all of your emotions till they become a problem that requires professional help.
It's good for the economy.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/rabidpitweasels/
LOL @ that 13 year old. Hell, when I play in a store, even though I like teh br00tz, I keep it down. I'm also not a complete baby. oh, and I'm 13, and my mom's not a bitch.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Oct 10, 2008,
Quote by DSOTM80
Lets count shall we, the typical UG stereotypes of visiting Guitar Center.
Dimebag Darrel t-shirt (check) trying to play loud poorly (check) and on a crappy Squier (double check), making a scene at GC (check) and being a douche and laughing at other people not having money while you brag about buying an expensive item (check check checkity check). Lets see what the jury has to say about this.
Ahh yes the verdict is unanimous, you're full of sh!t for making up a story like that.
Next thread please.

PS. Kids don't believe everything you read online

even if is false i still had a good laugh lol. but there aren't any stuck up kids here since most of them are pretty shy.
you don't happen to live in boca raton...do you? sounds like every cretin around here.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Jesus man, how much money do you make?
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Page 1 of 3