Ok, so the title says pretty much everything.
I'm looking for a good pitch shifter so I can play with different tunings... I don't want to **** up my bass going to standard to D or C tuning back and forth so I guess a pitch shifter would be a really good tool for me to have...

Any suggestions will be really appreciated
The Whammy 4 will handle bass adequately, and back in the 90's Digitech made a Bass Whammy, which is now quite rare and expensive.

The truth is, when you attempt to play different tunings with a pitch shifter instead of retuning your bass, the sound is really, really uneven and unnatural. It's generally just a neat trick to play with, but not a substitute for retuning.

Finally, retuning won't mess up your bass. It may cause the string to lose a bit of life, but not so much that it's something to worry about.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Quote by mountaindew88
The Whammy 4 will handle bass adequately, and back in the 90's Digitech made a Bass Whammy, which is now quite rare and expensive.

The truth is, when you attempt to play different tunings with a pitch shifter instead of retuning your bass, the sound is really, really uneven and unnatural. It's generally just a neat trick to play with, but not a substitute for retuning.

Finally, retuning won't mess up your bass. It may cause the string to lose a bit of life, but not so much that it's something to worry about.

Well I hope your right about retuning
Thanks a lot
Yeah, the Boss shifter is also good. Get one of the latest models though, not an older one. I used to have a Boss Harmonist, which was a really cool pedal for guitar, but when I used it for bass it couldn't track for s***.

However, if you want to play with some really weird sounds, get an older 90's pitch shifter with sub-par tracking, and proceed to play with the crazy non-intended sounds.

^And I know I'm right about retuning.... been doing it for years without an ounce of trouble.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Quote by mountaindew88
However, if you want to play with some really weird sounds, get an older 90's pitch shifter with sub-par tracking, and proceed to play with the crazy non-intended sounds.

Or you could burn a fire next to your strings. Or use a battery as a slide.
Quote by IndianRockStar
Or you could burn a fire next to your strings. Or use a battery as a slide.

well recently I used a slide and its very cool you can make real crazy sounds if you mix it some delay and flanger
The best trick is to use a remote control over your pickups. You wave the end of the remote opposite of the infra-red end over the pickups, and press and hold any button for awesome sounds. Different remotes make different sounds.