depends, does your computer require powered speaers? also what kind of plugs do your speakers use?
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
If the speakers have wires coming from them, not a jack, then you'll need an amplifier. That's what my setup is.
you can't hook it up directly without a reciever/amp... your computer doesn't put out that kind of power
Quote by filthandfury
If the speakers have wires coming from them, not a jack, then you'll need an amplifier. That's what my setup is.

even if they have a jack they'll likely need an amp unless they are powered.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
even if they have a jack they'll likely need an amp unless they are powered.

Yeah, but it might just mean he's missing a power lead.

But yeah, you'll need something to power them.
what kind of amp do i need to get?? because the speakers do hav wires coming from them
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Last edited by RabbidWolf at Oct 10, 2008,
What I did before I got computer speakers was plug my stereo into my computers speaker jack then played through the stereos aux input.

If your stereo has no inputs for external devices you're out of luck.
Quote by freedoms_stain
What I did before I got computer speakers was plug my stereo into my computers speaker jack then played through the stereos aux input.

If your stereo has no inputs for external devices you're out of luck.

it does, i just dont have te cord for that i guess I'll be having to go to ebay
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
you shoulnt need to buy the cable off ebay.

if you get an old pair of headphones, and one of those cables that have the red, white and yellow plugs, assuming that's the kind of aux input you have. you should be able to figure the rest out yourself.

*creates aux cable from headphones jack and white and red plugs*

simple
well the simplest solution would be if you have an S/PDIF port o n your mobo like i do, to just plug an RCA cable into an input on your stereo, and selecting that input on aforementioned stereo.
I'VE GOT A NEW ROSE.
Whad you do is run as fast as you can to get momentum, and then trouh your computer as far as you can off a buliding or somthing high. (must be solid ground where it hits) The you get yourself some CDs, original, good quality CDs. And a god CD-player and a combined preamp\poweramp unit. A set of speakers. I PROMISE you that you will hear music that you thought you knew inside out in a new way.
Stuff:VOX AD50VT
Gibson SG faded
Old steelstringed calssic
Hag Viking

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Well aren't you the ignorant asshat?
Quote by blogz
Whad you do is run as fast as you can to get momentum, and then trouh your computer as far as you can off a buliding or somthing high. (must be solid ground where it hits) The you get yourself some CDs, original, good quality CDs. And a god CD-player and a combined preamp\poweramp unit. A set of speakers. I PROMISE you that you will hear music that you thought you knew inside out in a new way.

You trouh it, you say?
Quote by blogz

Or he could run his stereo speakers from his computer, which are most likely better than his computer speakers. Stop being a douche please.