I have had this for a while, but I am sick of it.

My low frets (1-5) are fine in terms of action, playability, and buzzing. However as the frets get higher, the action both continues to raise and buzzes more. What started out as a decent action/playabilty progressed into a 5 mm gap with too much buzz. I have gotten this guitar set up, it came back essentially the same, I was rather upset.

The saddles aren't low either, the center saddles have those "screw things" with less than a millimeter to spare on top. The guitar is a Mexican Strat. The Roadhouse variety, if it makes a difference.
The simpleton's rig:
Fender Roadhouse Stratocaster
Homemade Fuzz pedal "the chainsaw"
Peavey Valveking 212.
1. make sure the bridge is level or flush against the body.
2. fret the Low E first fret, at the same time,
fret the low E last fret, where the neck and body meet.

with both places held, look at the middle frets, 7-9th

if the string lays on the fret wire there, then you dont have enough bend.
if the string is more than a credit cards thickness up from the wire there, you may have too much.

measure and repost.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I never realized how high the trem was off the body, lowering it down helped tremendously. Thanks!

Now the main issue I have is bridge lifting. Even with all five springs installed, there is still a 2.5 mm gap. I think 0.5-1 mm would be optimal. The springs also make it very difficult to use the trem, so perhaps a trem setter would be best?
The simpleton's rig:
Fender Roadhouse Stratocaster
Homemade Fuzz pedal "the chainsaw"
Peavey Valveking 212.
i am not sure if i should be making a new thread or ask here but...

i have a squier telecaster, and my action is too high too. i see 2 sets of screws at the bridge, one which i think adjusts action and the other intonation. i am thinking i should unscrew the ones that adjust action. i have never done this before though, so i was wondering if there is anything i should pay attention to during this.

anyone know how to lower action on a squier tele?
^masry, use a tiny allen wrench on the two pegs, on the front face of each saddle.

gsob, seems like you have enougap, you should be able to lower the action a little at the saddles. when you do, do you get fretbuzz?

edit: what is the 2mm?

did you measure neck releif like in my first post?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011