Hello,

I was simply wondering about what all my fellow UGer's thought about the Mesa Boogie Mark IV 1x12 Combo... Any information about the price would be helpful! Also, I would like to know what you guys think of this amp in comparison to the JCM2000... I know very little about good quality amps so I'm very sorry if this seems noobish in any way! :P
My Gear!

Guitar:
ESP: LTD EC-1000 (Vintage Black)

Amp:
Roland Cube 30X
Behringer 10 watt amp
well with mesa boogie, if ur american there around 1000-2000 if ur australia there around 8000

aint life ****ed lol

i love all mesa boogie, they are very versatile but if u have a couple more hundred i would recommend going the road king mesa but thats just me but overall u cant go wrong with mesa
its a nice amp, but a tad overrated i found, especially the 1x12 version you're looking at.
it will give you want, but it wont blow you away really.
in my opinion if you get a Mark IV, it has to be the head w/a decent cab.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
I really only like the lead channel. I would also rather have the head and a 2x12 or 1x12.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Pettrucci Has 2 in his rack. If that doesn't tell you they're good then I don't know what will.
Sig What?
mark IV is absolutely fantastic. but don't get the 1x12. it just doesn't have quite the impact as the head, as i have found.
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez TS9, Keeley TS9 Baked Mod
Zendrive

LOOOOOK INTOOOOOO THEEEE PICCCTUREEEEEEEEE

Member of UG's Gain Whores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by travd92
mark IV is absolutely fantastic. but don't get the 1x12. it just doesn't have quite the impact as the head, as i have found.

Well, it can be hooked up to a 4x12 cab and such just like a head if one so chose, or the chassis could even be mounted in a head cabinet of the same size (short, medium etc.).

I only JUST got my Mark IV and still have yet to recieve the Mesa traditional size 4x12 cab I bought, but I hooked it up to my 1x12 open back combo vintage 30 last night and even through that it sounds absolutely phenominal.
Quote by TheBax
They're about $1700 used...

Got this one shipped to my door for $1125 total (with original manual, amp topper, FU-3 footswitch, and brand new power tubes):

[Otherwise, most seem to go for closer to $1300 shipped]

Last edited by 4regt4 at Oct 12, 2008,
Quote by 4regt4
Got this one shipped to my door for $1125 total (with original manual, amp topper, FU-3 footswitch, and brand new power tubes):

Actually, their price has gone up quite a bit since they've been discontinued, I bought mine, rackmounted in mint condition for $1200, sold it a few months ago for $1750

As for my opinion on the Mark IV:

The clean channel was too warm and sterile sounding for me, I couldn't get a a tone out of it I liked unless I changed settings on the back of the amp, which changed all the voicings on the other channels.

R2 was unusable for me without an OD and even with it, it was barely bearable, the channel just had no balls and was really weak sounding.

Lead channel I liked a lot, really not too much complaints there, could get smooth when you wanted it to and could bring teh br00talz

The Mark IV, really didn't respond well to ODs and I never really used mine on it since it didn't change the tone at all really, it was tight enough by itself and with the OD engaged, it really didn't thicken up or anything, just added a bit more sustain. This can be good or bad depending on how you view it, I for one like that I can use my OD on my Nitro now and get basically a whole other channel on top of the two/three it already has.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Actually, their price has gone up quite a bit since they've been discontinued, I bought mine, rackmounted in mint condition for $1200, sold it a few months ago for $1750

I got that one last week and all the other ones I was bidding on and lost went for around $1250-1300 +shipping (all withing these last few weeks on eBay).
Quote by 4regt4
I got that one last week and all the other ones I was bidding on and lost went for around $1250-1300 +shipping (all withing these last few weeks on eBay).

Hmm, maybe on eBay.

I know there's been a lot on Harmony Central lately in the $1500-1700 range and they've been selling
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by 4regt4

You do realise in the UK, i would be paying about £1700-£2000 for that!?!!!

That is about $3500-4000 USD
Quote by davedoom

at least your not from down under
Quote by davedoom

Don't think I'm not jealous of what you get your Bare Knuckles and such for...
Quote by 4regt4
Don't think I'm not jealous of what you get your Bare Knuckles and such for...

hahaha - they were all off ebay - so i got the Cold Sweat sets for a third of the retail here! equal to about $150 at most!
Quote by MatrixClaw
Hmm, maybe on eBay.

I know there's been a lot on Harmony Central lately in the $1500-1700 range and they've been selling

Yeah, the ones i saw on HC were around $2200 (not all of them, but a good number of them)...
O O

___