Page 1 of 2
why do we need an english class and more importantly why 2 periods of it? I mean we basically need to learn to read and write and thats all covered in elementary i dont need to know al this stuff about techniques of good authors. why dont they just give the class to those who want to write as a career?I understand them giving us reading logs to read and everything but you all saw what the Oxford Dictionary did to that guy >.> so Pit what's your opinion?

Take mind i'm still young and this question could be naiive.

[Edit] the title answers question thing was my inability to spell class >.>

it saud "why the need for english calss"
Last edited by Pancakehead at Oct 10, 2008,
*sigh*
UG'S SEXIEST TRANNY 2010

UG'S 3rd HOTTEST CROSSDRESSER 2011
XD I was about to say what everyone else said for me. For your title buddy.
Thread title and opening post answers your own question.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
How the hell do you have 2 english classes in grade 9.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
I don't suppose any of you would be up for editing his post, and emphasizing the importance of English?
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Colgate Total
I don't suppose any of you would be up for editing his post, and emphasizing the importance of English?

I'll try my best.
Quote by Twist of fate
With their diets, finding a fat woman in Japan is like finding someone in the Pit with an IQ over 100.

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."
Quote by Pancakehead
why do we need an english class and more importantly why 2 periods of it? I mean we basically need to learn to read and write and thats all covered in elementary i dont need to know al this stuff about techniques of good authors. why dont they just give the class to those who want to write as a career?I understand them giving us reading logs to read and everything but you all saw what the Oxford Dictionary did to that guy >.> so Pit what's your opinion?

Take mind i'm still young and this question could be naiive.

Thats why, you idiot.
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

You may not realize it now, but the study of language is important, not only to communicate, but in the long run, to help you develop your ideas.
Quote by rastaman12
What do people usually do after they **** their sisters?
English class is there for when you need to write something without looking like a dumbass. You need it.
Because creative writing and essays that you do in that class give you practice for critical thinking and developement for a cohesive thought process, which is never a bad thing.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
To learn how to analyze the language. Until you understand all mediums of media
you will continue to need to study English.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
*facepalm*
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Wow... 10 responces all telling him the same thing.
Quote by _testament_
Go drink some fucking bleach, asshole.

Gear
Jackson RX10D - Fitted with a Bareknuckle Warpig
Ibanez SA36FM
Squire Strat
Marshall MG250DFX
Boss Metalzone

For Sale:

Kustom 10w amp
Various Daphon Pedals
''''CUz liek if wea doont then we LIEK have to learn OTHER POELPES languageuges lol
IMAGINE.
Quote by Colgate Total

Contractions are necessary.

, wow, I just answered his question while contradicting my own, that was pretty badass.
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
so what you're saying is that, after getting out of the water naked with 5+ guys, you thought that once the girls were around you had better get some clothes on?

Quote by Pancakehead
Why do we need an English class, and more importantly, why do we need two periods of it? We basically only need to learn to read and write, which is covered in elementary school; I don't need to know about techniques of good authors. Why don't they just give the class to those who want to write as a career? I understand them giving us reading logs, but you all saw what the Oxford Dictionary did to that guy. >.> So Pit what's your opinion?

Keep in mind I'm still young and this question is completely and utterly naive.

[Edit] The title proves that I can't even spell "class" correctly and I'm complaining about learning English. >.>

It previously said "why the need for english calss?"

Now, read the revised version and the original version. Do you understand now-really understand-why English class is important?
Note: I emboldened many of the small mistakes that I corrected.
Quote by Twist of fate
With their diets, finding a fat woman in Japan is like finding someone in the Pit with an IQ over 100.

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."

this made my day
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
Quote by Pancakehead
Why do we need an English class? -awkward phrasing-And more importantly why two periods of it? I mean, we basically-poor word choice- need to learn to read and write. That's all covered in elementary school. I don't need to know all -of- this stuff about techniques -awk- of good authors. Why don't they just give the class to those who want to write as a career?I understand them giving -awk- us reading logs to read, but you all saw what the Oxford Dictionary did to that guy -who? And what?- >.> so, Pit, what's your opinion?

[Edit] the title answers question thing was my inability to spell class >.>

it saud "why the need for english calss"

Just another correction. Mine were in red. but it didn't come out that way. It makes you come off as more intelligent to begin with. Being a skilled writer has MANY uses.

Quote by jmonko
TS, your doing it right.

haha
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Last edited by Artemis Entreri at Oct 10, 2008,
I'm guessing that considering you are using this website you appreciate music as an art form, literature is just as much as an art form as music, and in fact the two can go together quite well.

Just as you may study the way a guitarist puts together a chord progression or a lead piece, as does a person who appreciates literature would study how the writer selects words, creates character developments and relationships.

A song may be a way for a musician to express an emotion or retell a story; this is what art is for, literature, paintings, music etc

Compulsory English classes are to try and make people aware of literature early in life, just as Music, Maths, History and even P.E. are all compulsory.

Also the thread title is why...

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
Page 1 of 2