-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
Solo acoustic project?

Really, though, I'm in pretty much the same position as you. I'd love to start a band, but I can't find enough other people to join, drummers in particular on account of how I live in a dorm where the rooms are way too small for a drum kit.

I think the best idea is to wait until some member of a famous band dies and then replace them.
kill all humans
Hopefully you're starting a band with people you know and spend a lot of time around. My first band was made purely of my school buddies, and it worked out for a bit...we made some songs and played at a couple talent shows and some people liked us... then we kinda lost inspiration. It's EXTREMELY hard putting a band together out of people you've never met before, unless you have atleast ONE friend in the band. Good luck though, man. Hope it will end up working out for you
I'm trying to get one started. It's tough. It would be easy to get another guitarist. I'm not fussy, I could be both lead or rhythm. I know one bass player, so we'll see what happens there, and the drummers I know all suck and can't keep a beat to save their life, and I don't know any singers.
UG's AC/DC Lover
i play music all day long. i've never played a show or anything yet because i don't have the money to do such things (especially in this time of economic strife) but i practice everyday, learn new songs, and actually create my own at least a few times a week. I also record a good amt. of time as well. Yes, I love music. yes, i'll play till i die, unless something terrible happens. that's about all i care about knowing.

i don't need fame.
i don't need fortune.
i just need some instruments, old records, and sometimes, a way to record the instruments i have in a nice manner.
The times they are a changin'.....
It's always worth it, even if you don't get famous- it's all about making music and having fun with people you love being with. And there's different levels of success, and different goals. My current band had it's first gig just this Wednesday, and we've already been asked to play at other venues. That, for me, is a success. You just need to work out what YOUR idea of success is.
If you expect to "make it", then probably not. But if simply trying to make it makes you happier than anything else, then it's definitely worth it.
“A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.”
-Bob Dylan

Quote by Freezer Burn

Congratz on the having the longest wall of text ever!

Don't give up on music, man.

I never thought I'd never be able to write songs on my own

Now I have about 6 songs with full lyrics and everything

Of course me and my brother don't have a drummer yet,

But music is such a beautiful thing

lmao

Hope all turns out well

-peace-
COLORS!

OMG

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Also, people who wear Monster swag are automatically douches.
You're first problem, your girlfriend is more important than music? Ditch that bitch and spend all of your time getting a band together.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
It's always worth it, even if you don't get famous- it's all about making music and having fun with people you love being with. And there's different levels of success, and different goals. My current band had it's first gig just this Wednesday, and we've already been asked to play at other venues. That, for me, is a success. You just need to work out what YOUR idea of success is.

Dr. Phil is in the house!

You can't put it any better than that.