I just wrote a doom (not the game) inspired instrumental, like the other thread. Except I haven't recorded an actual version yet, just a Guitar Pro midi version. No solo yet, cause I didn't write one for it.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/xHellbound/music/all/play434076

And after listening to supralightning's, mine sounds like crap.
Last edited by xHellbound at Oct 11, 2008,
Hey bro thanks for the crit-

this midi is pretty damn good imo, you definitely can tell the melodies you got goin on are doom inspired, and since its a midi it has that old school doom music feel- when you record this and use drums i bet it'll sound great. Maybe you could even add a little more to it, some kind of a heavy part or something near the end, but thats just what i would probably do.

And yeah, i used drumkit from hell, it was my first track using it but i gotta say, its really easy to make a drum track with it, and the sound is incredible for programmed drums. I highly recommend it.

btw- nice shredding
Last edited by supralightning at Oct 10, 2008,
Quote by supralightning
Hey bro thanks for the crit-

this midi is pretty damn good imo, you definitely can tell the doom inspired melodies you got goin on, and since its a midi it has that old school doom music feel- when you record this and use drums i bet it'll sound great. Maybe you could even add a little more to it, some kind of a heavy part or something near the end, but thats just what i would probably do.

And yeah, i used drumkit from hell, it was my first track using it but i gotta say, its really easy to make a drum track with it, and the sound is incredible for programmed drums. I highly recommend it.

Yeah, I have more that I couldn't get the rhythm correct in GP, and this is my first time using drums, tempo, bass, keyboard, all that fun stuff.

Thanks for the tips. The heavy riff I had going sounded corny, so I gotta come up with something else.