View poll results: so, which is better?
RR24
47 72%
Alexi-600
18 28%
Voters: 65.
definitely the rr24
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
I like the Alexi to be honest. The RR24 is great, but I prefer the feel of the Alexi.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
I say the RR24. Good stuff.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
Rr24
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
i recommend the alexi is cheaper is about the same but you have to consider how big you want the fretboard too

the rr24 has bigger fretboard though thats a big plus if you want comfort but if you want to do stuff that strecches your finger you might not have as much reach

but does it really have to be between those two guitars?

i know they look cool but they lack features for example two pickups and switch between pickups

my recommendation is this one check other guitars first

i tried an alexi and realized if i was going to practice 8 hours or alot it would be standing up. sitting with a V shape guitar is almost impossible and uncomfortable

it only has one pickup which limits you on tone

i got this guitar but look for something similar or check other guitars

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-JH600-Electric-Guitar?sku=512027
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
Quote by stefan1988
i recommend the alexi is cheaper is about the same but you have to consider how big you want the fretboard too

the rr24 has bigger fretboard though thats a big plus if you want comfort but if you want to do stuff that strecches your finger you might not have as much reach

i know they look cool but they lack features for example two pickups and switch between pickups

i tried an alexi and realized if i was going to practice 8 hours or alot it would be standing up. sitting with a V shape guitar is almost impossible and uncomfortable

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-JH600-Electric-Guitar?sku=512027

You are pretty much right, but if you know that you only want to play metal, it may not be necessary to have 2 pickups. Also, that lets the wood resonate more.

I find it more comfortable to play a V sitting down as opposed to a Stratocaster type body.

And, I'm not saying this is true of everyone here, but most people will say the rr24 just because the Alexi is a signature model. Some tend to think that a signature guitar has to be overpriced. The Alexi and the rr24 are nearly identical, and they are priced about the same.

I chose to get an Alexi, because I didn't want a compound radius fretboard, and it has a cutout for better fret access, though many will argue the the rr24 doesn't need a cutout, because the fret access is already good. Also, I prefer SD Blackouts over EMG 81s.

Go try one of these out in a store, see how you like playing a V sitting down. After that, it just comes down to the guitar's overall 'feel' and its pickup.
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
They both have EMGs now.

To me, getting a guitar shaped like a RR from ESP is like ordering a Whopper from McDonald's. It's just not natural.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Quote by ManInAClownSuit
They both have EMGs now.

To me, getting a guitar shaped like a RR from ESP is like ordering a Whopper from McDonald's. It's just not natural.

Oh yeah, they did put the EMG hz back in. I got mine a few months ago with the blackout.
What if i could get the ESP alexi for ~$1700 usd new? would that be better than the rhoads?
Quote by Killedelphia19
What if i could get the ESP alexi for ~$1700 usd new? would that be better than the rhoads?

I'd say no but the quality may be higher.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Killedelphia19

Considering they go for about $1200 CAD new, that better be one hell of a guitar.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by stefan1988

i never understood why it was so difficult to play stting with a v. it came so naturally to me and it felt more comfortable and easier to play with than a strat style sitting down. i guess i'm wierd.
RR24 looks wise and quality wise to me. alexi because it's cheaper and has an unfinished neck.
it's a tie
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Yet again, I recommend a Jackson Stars RR-TN02. Great guitar.

Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Quote by Colgate Total
Considering they go for about $1200 CAD new, that better be one hell of a guitar.

He means the ESP - not the LTD.

I'm sure its an awesome guitar, but I've never played a 'true' ESP.