I have decided to list my brand new custom built Taylor GS for sale. The guitar was started on July 28, 2008 and has a only a few hours of playing time on it. Since I received the guitar at the end of August I haven’t had any time to play this beauty-it’s stayed in its case in my guitar room. The condition is immaculate – not a mark on it anywhere. As soon as I received the guitar I had a LR Baggs element VTC pickup installed by Del Langejans (www.langejansguitars.com). He also performed a setup on the guitar and put on a new set of Alchemy medium gauge strings.

The all around design of the guitar is just classic - simple elegance. I didn't try to use any exotic woods and stuck to a combo that Taylor has done so well. The woods used on this guitar were “the best that Taylor had”. I was promised the use of choice woods because they incorrectly built the guitar and I had to send it back. The result was a guitar that is the closest you will get to an R.Taylor from the Taylor custom shop. The engelmann and rosewood used on the guitar is the stuff from the -900 / presentation series. They also used the premium green heart abalone for the rosette, which wasn’t even an option at the time. The guitar is absolutely stunning in person – the dealer offered to keep it for himself I had any second thoughts. The sound is just as you would expect-engelmann and rosewood is a fantastic combo for the GS. Perfectly balance, great projection, nice overtones, and chime like sustain. The full specs are as follows:

Premium Engelmann Spruce Top
Premium East Indian Rosewood B&S
Highly Flamed Maple bindings on body, neck, headstock, and soundhole
Highly flamed maple mini-wedge
Ebony fretboard, bridge, and headstock overlay
Gloss finish on body and headstock, Satin finish neck
Premium Green Heart Abalone -900 series bound soundhole
No inlays
Dark stained mahogany neck (to match rosewood)
Chrome/Black Gotoh 510 21:1 tuners
LR Baggs Element VTC active pickup
1.75” nut with
Standard scale

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73272058@N00/sets/72157607921558881/

I’ll attach a few pictures below, but please see the above link for 50+ pictures of this beauty.

The asking price is $2800 plus shipping and paypal. I am open to offers (and potentially trades, just let me know what you have).

I am only considering selling because a great opportunity has presented itself and I need to raise some money. However, I won’t be disappointed if the guitar doesn’t sell, because I am extremely happy with it. If you have any questions, please ask. Thanks!