Im gunna be buying a tele body and build one from scratch to my own specs. Im wanting to do a kind of jim root john5 type thing with humbuckers but that means routing for most tele bodies. I know there are bodies out there ready for that and hot rails and such but but excluding that possibility how will i go about altering the body? any links or instruction would be great. thanx.
Never pick a fight with an ugly person, they've got nothing to lose.

-Robin Williams
Use a router and some templates.

And ****ing learn how to type English.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
although i do enjoy sarcasm and slander if you feel resentment as your posting then dont. im looking for help! so sorry if my grammar isn't up to your standards i didnt realize i was posting for my english professor. if you would like to offer a legitimate solution then please do so otherwise i would appreciate it if you just wouldnt post.

-Robin Williams
^dude, ug is full of grammer freaks. in order for us to adequetely help you, we need to understand the written verbal communication that you are utilizing. if we can not comprehend the language in which you are writing, then we will unfortunately not be able to help you to the greatest extent possible.

now, seriously, stewmac.com has humbucker routing templates and template following router bits.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by Resistance19
although i do enjoy sarcasm and slander if you feel resentment as your posting then dont. im looking for help! so sorry if my grammar isn't up to your standards i didnt realize i was posting for my english professor. if you would like to offer a legitimate solution then please do so otherwise i would appreciate it if you just wouldnt post.

Quote by Øttər
Use a router and some templates.

And ****ing learn how to type English.

Are you serious man?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
^i think we just completely owned this guy....i kinda feel bad now....ok, guilt trip over
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
^i think we just completely owned this guy....i kinda feel bad now....ok, guilt trip over

Rofl!

The best part is I belong to the group "Don't Chew the Newbies". I think I broke all 10 of their commandments.

My post should have been more like yours, explaining in a gentle manner why he was wrong.

Sometimes you just have to

Quote by Samuel L. Jackson
English, mother****er! Do you speak it?

And thats why I love Pulp Fiction.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
HAHAHA YES!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh and he aint a newbie, he joind in '06, a couple of months before u, and like a year and a half before me...

EDIT: oh btw- big kahuna burger ftw!!!
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
Okay well I'm sorry for the confusion I'm low on time and i probably should have made my thoughts more clear. thank you AngusJimiKeith i haven't looked at the website yet but that sound exactly like what I'm looking for. If there are any other tips you have for me that would be awesome. Again sorry Øttər; my reaction may have been unwarranted and as i said i am simply in a hurry and not exactly in the mood for comments without any positive direction.

-Robin Williams
haha lol ya for proper english!!!

anyway yeah, i just looked at the templates, u cant buy indivadual ones anymore??? only a $50 set??? ahhhh!!! but the do have a template blank, so u could make one by tracing the buckers on to the blank...

oh and we dont need absolute proper english, but we'd like to understand what ur saying...
sorry 4 jacking ur thread...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
Quote by Resistance19

^ haha i like how your grammar improve ^_^ all you need is a little motivation

Guitar : Fender CIJ Mustang and a Telecaster
Amp : 76 fender champ
Pedals : BBE green screamer, Big muff, Ibanez LU20 Pedal Tuner, boss loop pedal