So I'm playing rhythm in the praise band at my church, and I'm trying to decide a proper tone for it. I'm playing out of a single coil fender strat. I have four knobs to work with, which are gain, bass, mids, and treble. I'm just searching for the proper tone I need. Not super heavy, like metal, but not light either. Any suggestions?
I suggest you go to the forum for this. The Guitar Gear and Accessories forum is better suited to help you.

We here in the GB&C are more about building things, and modifying equipment.

Just fiddle with your tone to get the sound you want.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
be original and show em you can play blues in worship. haha thats my goal to be a christian bluesman. christian music is really repititive and lame nowadays. put your pick up 2nd from top. and mess with the knobs try to get a nice mid blues tone. get it a lil dirty but not to the point where it gets really crunchy.
RAW ROCK KILLS!- ShowBread
Hello, My name is Armando and im your bunny
It's hard to recommend anything because worship band in this day and age vary from every church. But I'd just go for a very British sound. just emulate Any band with a "The" at the beginning of their name. Throw on a good amount of reverb and you should be set.

I usually just use my metal tone though >.> It was supposed to be rebellious but it turned out everyone loved it.
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.
Quote by Esp_kill07
be original and show em you can play blues in worship. haha thats my goal to be a christian bluesman. christian music is really repititive and lame nowadays.

Ah, yes. We don't hear enough of that good ol' Devil's Interval in church. Bring on a few minor keys too, and sing about pestilence and famine. It would certainly make you well known.
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Quilter OD200, 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Quote by Vulcan
Ah, yes. We don't hear enough of that good ol' Devil's Interval in church. Bring on a few minor keys too, and sing about pestilence and famine. It would certainly make you well known.

IT will MHWUAHAHA!!!

seriously though check out hillsong united. they are probably the only christian worship group that i can stand for more than 5 mins. they are pretty awesome also check out thirdday they have a nice southern rock tone.

please dont do the generic christian lead guitar thing playing chords arpeggiated subtly in the background. I get tired of that haha j/k though do what you want. but yeah make sure you dont have to much distortion where the people worshipping are suddenly what the......
RAW ROCK KILLS!- ShowBread
Hello, My name is Armando and im your bunny
Personally, I find Christian worship music these days to be like listening to elevator music. Now Gospel, played with a hint of dirty blues tone, that's a whole different story! Liven things up a little. Turn on your wah too, and give an old church standard some Reggae flavor. Hell, with music like that, maybe I would set foot in church for something other than a wedding or funeral.
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Quilter OD200, 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
id go for the classic fender "6" on the EQ, pick the neck p/u and spank that monkey! do a little SRV scuttle buttin!
My Rig

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Honey Burst
Fender MIM Stratocaster Ash Natural
Crate v18 2x12
Eleven Rack
Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret
BBE Sonic Stomp
BMP with Tone Wicker
Dunlop Cry Baby
...but it sounds so beautiful!
My Rig

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Honey Burst