Ok Im on a budget and i want something that looks and sounds like my style (hard Rock) i was wondering if this would be okay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HEAVY-METAL-LIGHTNING-STYLE-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-FREE-SHIP_W0QQitemZ290266575025QQihZ019QQcategoryZ33034QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
No, stay away from it.

Something tells me that it's a crappy beginner's guitar. Once you get further along in your playing, you'll grow to hate it.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by M3TALH3AD_DANNY
thank you, keep in mind i am a beginner and will settle for something cheap

The AX, and EX LTDs are quite decent for what you're paying for. There's also Agile guitars.

Mind you, an Explorer type guitar or even a V would look pretty good.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by M3TALH3AD_DANNY
thank you, keep in mind i am a beginner and will settle for something cheap

your name said it all
Quote by ironBLSmaiden
yeah don't get it, but if u want a similar guitar thats around the same price and is decent, u should look into this http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/B.C.-Rich-Bronze-Series-Warlock-Electric-Guitar?sku=510780

No. That's like the same damn thing.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Features:

2 humbucker Pick-ups

3 ply pick guard

2 tones knobs

1 volume knob

Maple wood neck

Rosewood fingerboard

Tremolo included

Amplifier compatible

Tremolo arm

Amplifier plug included

lol
ESP LTD EX50 is a great guitar for it's price. It'll even give a "hard rock/metal look". They even have fairly decent stock pickups. Retail around here for about $350. Could try for a second hand one though, considering you're on a budget.
He is buying in Australia. The cheapest LTD guitars over here are like over $400. If you are on a serious budget something like that might be good for you. Maybe try for something with a fixed bridge so it stays in tune better.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
yippee, i can post something relevant!

Just yesterday did I walk into my local second hand shop, and leave. And then two music stores. And then went home, and went back to the second hand store. And came out with an ESP Ltd AX50.

It cost me $300 NZD (yes, NZD. worth LESS than the AUD), and it came with a rockbag worth probably around $50 by itself. So score, about $250 cheaper than buying it new.

The only flaw on my shiny new guitar is one of the prongs at the bottom has been splintered slightly (like, a guitar pick sized piece of wood has peeled off the corner)

Anyway, my point is. Take a look in the various second hand shops. And from what I saw in my local music shop that stocks ESP, they are actually quite affordable, even in Aus and NZ.

And I got some good advice for buying second hand too. Before you jump and buy a guitar, unless you're SURE you're getting a good deal, check a shop that sells them retail and compare the prices. If you can't do that, jump online and check ebay or whatever. Even better if you can do both

Oh and about the AX50, it's a weird shape, but it plays quite nicely, and has a good sound to it. If you can find one cheap, check it out.

Hope that's of some help
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo
Quote by Colgate Total
The AX, and EX LTDs are quite decent for what you're paying for. There's also Agile guitars.

Mind you, an Explorer type guitar or even a V would look pretty good.

I d prefer agile to some cheap LTDs...
thanx 8foot that was actually alot of help, i went to my local cash converters and guess what? i found out everything about the guitar i had (i wasnot sure what it was worth) so i can sell that 4 about 130 aud and along with the money my folks r pitching in 4 my b'day im gonna buy something like an esp/ltd you have all been heaps of help!!!
I'm gonna say no to both of those.

If you're after a guitar that you intend to learn on, and intend to keep, then save your money.
It is not very often that a guitar of an unheard of brand name is of good quality.

There could be innumerable things that go or be wrong with it, anything from dodgy truss rods, to intonation problems, to noisy electronics, bad materials and/or build quality, or just being plain shit.

there's another thread here in which people recommend guitars similar to/such as these.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-ESP-Ltd-Viper-10-w-FREE-POST-SG_W0QQitemZ380070374099QQihZ025QQcategoryZ33034QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ESP-Ltd-F-50_W0QQitemZ230299298569QQihZ013QQcategoryZ33034QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ibanez-RG470-Series-Guitar_W0QQitemZ140274380194QQihZ004QQcategoryZ33034QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ibanez-RG370DXEvolution_W0QQitemZ280275915399QQihZ018QQcategoryZ33034QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-Gibson-EPIPHONE-SG-G-310-FREE-POST_W0QQitemZ380070400134QQihZ025QQcategoryZ33034QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Epiphone-Gibson-Les-Paul-Standard_W0QQitemZ170270674984QQihZ007QQcategoryZ33034QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Just as a few examples. There's alot out there mate, keep hunting and you'll find something you like.

On such a note, I would suggest you head over to your local music shop, and ask them for advice too. They'll (hopefully) let you try some guitars they think are suitable, and you'll be able to find one that you could possibly buy (or save for )

Also, If you chuck the fellows here a budget, and your favourite songs/artists that you want to play, they'll be able to suggest you some great ideas until they're comin' out yer ears.
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo
Honestly, I'd say that you SHOULDN'T get a radically shaped guitar. They don't sound any more "METAL BROOTALZ" than any other guitar in that price range; it all comes down to the pickups and amp you have.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.

Whoa, it actually comes with machine heads and it's amplifier compatible!

Lefty Black Gibson SG Special with EMG 60/85
15w Laney Hard Core Max
SG Commando

Quote by donkey the wise
I think plod just won the thread. All 1,019 pages of it. Won.
Quote by Tedward
lol

Features:

2 humbucker Pick-ups

3 ply pick guard

2 tones knobs

1 volume knob

Maple wood neck

Rosewood fingerboard

Tremolo included Theres A Model Without it

Amplifier compatible This is Just Funny

Tremolo arm

Amplifier plug included Soo is the amplifier included to 0_0

This is most likely made buy someone who doesnt know
^
Gear:
95' Fender Richie Sambora Standard Stratocaster
06' Symphony SD54
07' Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus
08' Recording King RD-17CFE
Fender G-DEC30
Line 6 POD XT
Blackstar Series One 45 Combo
10' Ernie Ball MusicMan JP6 BFR
Amplifier compatible! I have never seen that on features before of any guitar. Get an esp man, radical shape guitars are just stupid they don't make you more 'metal' and there harder to play.
*PROFILE NOT IN USE*
I would recommend a Jackson like a King V or the Warrior (not the WRMG, 'tis out of your possible price range).
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
See? The users of UG are awesome

And my previous advice still stands, have a play around with guitars you're looking at, see what suits you. Nutty shape or no, you'll want a guitar that plays nicely for you and has an ok sound.
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo
so what kind of guitar was that anyways???
if i was you... since you said your a begginner, get a 300 dollar fender HSS Strat and throw a dimarzio super distortion or some seymour duncans in the bridge...
8foot i am DEFINITELY going to buy the epiphone SG! totaly rockin and i hav made up y mind, i have found that:
1) The weird shape doesn't really matter.
2) I Just need the humbucher pickups to get that hard-ass sound
3) Buying something cheap is just a stupid investment
4) (and I really mean this 1)...THE PEEOPLE ON UG KICK ASS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It looks nice, but its one of those cheap, bad makes you get on eBay and the likes, stay away from them, I can tell its dodgy because it doesent even tell you the make or anything, it even says its "Amplifier Compatible", Come on. It also says there is a "3 ply pick guard" when there isnt even a pickgaurd on the guitar lol, Look into BC Rich, Deans, etc.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Quote by M3TALH3AD_DANNY
naa im gonaa get an epiphone SG

You might want to consider the fact that a Epi SG is known for having its neck heavier than its body. It means the guitar will always dip with its headstock towards the ground naturally.So its best u try them out first hand.
Gear:
95' Fender Richie Sambora Standard Stratocaster
06' Symphony SD54
07' Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus
08' Recording King RD-17CFE
Fender G-DEC30
Line 6 POD XT
Blackstar Series One 45 Combo
10' Ernie Ball MusicMan JP6 BFR