well ****....

me and my parents house got broken into while we were visiting family. most of my guitar equipment got stolen. i still have my two Ibanez's and my vader cabinet (good thing that ****er is heavy). the insurance isn't going to pay for everything but i need you guy's help.

this is what they got away with...
peavey 6505plus head
korg DTR-1000 tuner.
ISP tech decimator noise gate
EHX memory man
EHX stereo poly-chorus
original cray-baby
and a load of cables

does any one know of a decent head that i could get new or used that is good for gothenburg metal. my budget is right at $700.

thanks guys.
Last edited by tikidrummer at Oct 10, 2008,
tell the insurance ******* to give u money for all ur gear
Quote by Julz127
I don't actually use toilet paper, I use sweet chili sauce and sandpaper, cause I'm a man.
Man, I'm very sorry.

Now why won't insurance pay it off? You lost over $1000 in gear!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
nice story tell it to readers digest

wrong time. wrong place.
Quote by stradivari310
Man, I'm very sorry.

Now why won't insurance pay it off? You lost over $1000 in gear!

what they told me was the gear was used so it was looked at as a used price. i do gig all of my stuff so i takes a beating. but my parents also have a 750 dollar deductable on the insurance. this means that we have to pay 750 of all that was stolen. we're having to replace other stuff from our house before we can replace my stuff.
tell them you had a rolex amp head made of 24 carat gold with 8 carat diamonds for knobs and all the guitars used to make the original recording of stairway to heaven on. and an amp cabinet made out of a 1962 ferrari 250 GTO that was also made entirely of 24 carat gold with an original picasso mounted to carbon fiber for a hood and an aincent map to atlantis for a seat cover. you could buy a guitar company then
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
tell them you had a rolex amp head made of 24 carat gold with 8 carat diamonds for knobs and all the guitars used to make the original recording of stairway to heaven on. and an amp cabinet made out of a 1962 ferrari 250 GTO that was also made entirely of 24 carat gold with an original picasso mounted to carbon fiber for a hood and an aincent map to atlantis for a seat cover. you could buy a guitar company then

do you seriously have nothing better to do then antagonize conflicts.
I'm really sorry to hear that bro.

I would check your local craigslist for a Peavey XXX or Ultra or 6505 or the like. Did you like your 6505 or do you want to move on?

Also, speaking of Craigslist, the theives will prolly try to sell the stuff so again, check craigslist, ebay, pawn shops, local stores, etc in case your gear shows up there.

good luck man
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
i am not angagonizing i am diffusing the situation with humor thank you for noticing

if you would have said the 24K amp bit the first time it would have been taken as a joke but the "tell it to reader's digest" was completely uncalled for.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
i am not angagonizing i am diffusing the situation with humor thank you for noticing

Yea, cause telling someone who just got over $1000 dollars worth of gear stolen to tell their story to Readers Digest is funny right?

Your best be would be to look for your same gear used to try and fit under that budget. If you guys have insurance really try and get them to pay for your losses.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I'm really sorry to hear that bro.

I would check your local craigslist for a Peavey XXX or Ultra or 6505 or the like. Did you like your 6505 or do you want to move on?

Also, speaking of Craigslist, the theives will prolly try to sell the stuff so again, check craigslist, ebay, pawn shops, local stores, etc in case your gear shows up there.

good luck man

yeah i have most the serial numbers and the police have copies of them too. i've been on ebay and craigslist all day looking for it. my presence knob went missing after a show so that's the main detail about mine.

just on a lighter note when i ran down our basement to check my stuff. my cabinet was on it's side but you can tell whoever it was taking all my stuff couldn't get it up the stairs. it made me laugh alittle.
Last edited by tikidrummer at Oct 11, 2008,
Well find it on craigslist, go to his house with a bat, and beat the shit out of him, take the gear back, damn that would be epic.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton

Well then your sense of humour is very distasteful and unpleasant, therefore, it is not diffusing the situation, more taunting the TS about his misfortune. Maybe, I should find you and steal all your valued possessions, I'm sure you wouldn't worry though, I'd use my humour to diffuse the situation. Either say something constructive or don't say anything.

Anyway, I'm sure you can claim your guitar gear as excess, which you normally pay for as part of your home insurance. Try submitting pictures with accompanying price lists of your items to the company for a re-evaluation, because they cannot avoid paying you with hard evidence, and if they do, you are eligible to sue them. And next time, insure your assets, because I know many people that have had gear stolen from them at venues, I have first hand experience.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by tikidrummer
yeah i have most the serial numbers and the police have copies of them too. i've been on ebay and craigslist all day looking for it. my presence knob went missing after a show so that's the main detail about mine.

just on a lighter note when i ran down our basement to check my stuff. my cabinet was on it's side but you can tell whoever it was taking all my stuff couldn't get it up the stairs. it made me laugh alittle.

i don't know about your insurance but i know it helps if you have pictures and serial numbers. They usually just cut a check so I'm assuming you will have some cash to replace with but I also respect the fact that your family may have lost other things too so being patient is good.

also, i don't know where hick-ville is but if you post any of your gear hear with specifics like you mentioned there are several of us here that check craigslist pretty frequently and would be happy to keep an eye out. Good theives will wait a while before they sell or take to another city. I'm guessing they took lots of stuff and not just your gear.

sorry for long post...does'nt hurt to post some of it here if you have pics.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Oct 11, 2008,
I'm not really too sure on what equipment you could get with $700 used, but I'm sorry to hear you were burgled. I would feel terrible if somebody took all that stuff. It's pretty outrageous that the insurance company won't pay for it all though. That's the whole point of house insurance in cases like this. To pay for what you lost.

Again, I feel for you dude.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
nice story tell it to readers digest

Beauty eh

Wait til it happens to you and then you can run to Reader's Digest
1979 Granada Les Paul
1983 Lado Flying V
2006 Fender Stratocaster
2007 Tenson Classical
2008 Epiphone Les Paul
2008 Yamaha Pacifica
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2011 Dean Z 79 Series
2011 Ibanez 12 String Acoustic
2012 Messina Classical
Even at a used price you should be able to get more than $700 for all that. Keep fighting it
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
Eat a bag of dicks, loser.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Dude. I would break down and cry if I saw my gear stolen. That really sucks.

If I were you I'd try to at least get the insurance to pay for the amp.
Set Up

Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Fender Princeton Chorus Amp
Fender Acoustic 12 String
Samick Acoustic 6 String
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Why wouldn't house insurance cover all the posessions in the house?
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
sorry to hear, those kinda stories makes my heart sink lol.... but if you were happy with your 6505, you should just get that again no? If not perhaps try the cheaper ENGL's, or some used mesa's or something, again, sorry to hear your loss!