Page 1 of 2
So i've noticed lately that a lot of people with phones are really into texting. Of course, there's nothing unusual about that. Texting is an easy way to get ahold of friends. I've begun to notice though friends just sitting around and texting. Anyone else think that is kind of dumb? I mean, you text to keep in touch with friends. Why would you do that if you're already with a friend? Why not try actually interacting with that friend?

Any thoughts?
am i first finally?!
i do it alot, just easier to me
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Meh. I don't have a cell phone.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Quote by Yanks4Life92
Who does that?

It seems to happen a lot around here.
sure, texting is great and all but i don't see why you should be texting more than talking ans all the people who walk around with their cell phones all the time annoy me
i also like it when girls send my naughty pics through texts lawlz.
jk.
seriously tho, its practical if you want to talk to someone when youre in a big group of people.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
some peopel text more then they talk which is kinda sad
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
Quote by theocao

It is, really.
Where Im from everything is done by texting.. Probably the only people who call me more than they text me are my parents..
William... He Is Texting Everytime When He's Invited To Elanor's. Well, He Is Totally Evil.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Quote by asfastasdark
William... He Is Texting Everytime When He's Invited To Elanor's. Well, He Is Totally Evil.

Uh, what?
Quote by andOverTheHills
sure, texting is great and all but i don't see why you should be texting more than talking ans all the people who walk around with their cell phones all the time annoy me

yeah, people who text while walking give me a massive urge to kick or trip them. i'm not exactly sure why.
Quote by Spamwise
It seems to happen a lot around here.

Yes. I always argue with a friend of mine because we'll hang out and she'll spend half the time on her phone. It pisses me off and I don't understand it.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Well, if they are a TOAS gf, then I text them a lot, otherwise I usually just talk to them at school

TOAS - Text On A Screen
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
I like texting because you can talk to multiple people at once. Like a gang bang but with texting...
Gear Wish list:

Gibson Custom Les Paul Left handed

ISP Decimator

Maxon OD808

Peavey 6505 Halfstack

Gear Fund: 0/6000
Well, I suppose you could text your friend beside you as you talk to him to get twice the amount of interaction in.
But I don't have a cell phone, so meh.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Quote by Froboarder
Well, I suppose you could text your friend beside you as you talk to him to get twice the amount of interaction in.
But I don't have a cell phone, so meh.

I know people that do that, honestly..
It's not sad when people text more than they talk
some people (i.e. me) have plans with really limited minutes, but practically unlimited texting, so it is much more worthwhile/better on the wallet to text.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Quote by gucio93
It's not sad when people text more than they talk
some people (i.e. me) have plans with really limited minutes, but practically unlimited texting, so it is much more worthwhile/better on the wallet to text.

We're not saying "text more than they talk" as in more than they talk on the phone, but rather more than they talk in real life.
Quote by theocao

Then I am a freak. I text frequently, in fact I just sent two while I was typing this.

It's also useful for talking while in class. :p

EDIT: when you talk about it like that, it's about even because I am always either testing or talking

My sister seems to think that texting negatively affects people mentally because it decreases their social skills, supposedly.
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Quote by theocao

I text more than i talk, because it's easier. I'm not much of a talker. I'd rather sit there quietly and text.

Not, of course, when the person I'm texting is right beside me or anything, but, I'd rather text than talk on the phone with someone.
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
Quote by Spamwise
We're not saying "text more than they talk" as in more than they talk on the phone, but rather more than they talk in real life.

Oh. My bad. Then yeah, I agree with you, that's getting pretty excessive.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
schools are starting to put these things in class rooms that mess up your cell phones signal and will kill your battery within like 45 minutes to stop class texting. at least where i live anyway.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Strato-Massacre
schools are starting to put these things in class rooms that mess up your cell phones signal and will kill your battery within like 45 minutes to stop class texting. at least where i live anyway.

I've noticed that being in my school destroys my battery. I hate it.
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Quote by jambajews
i text and it doesnt bother me

Please read the first post. You obviously did not get the point of my topic.
I rarely use my phone when i'm not drinking, apart from getting peoples numbers. And the only times I use my phone when i'm drinking is to get someone to pick me up, or i'm looking for someone who I was drinking with that are out of my sight.
But I do see it alot, but atleast its not as bad as the cunts who spend every spare second of their time talking on the phone.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by xyber56
Where Im from everything is done by texting.. Probably the only people who call me more than they text me are my parents..

This.

And if you're with a friend, texting another friend isn't that big of a deal.
Quote by Strato-Massacre

Cancer alert! Cancer alert!
Just hypothesising.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
"Texting: For when you want to talk to someone.. but not really"
Quote by HighPotency
This.

And if you're with a friend, texting another friend isn't that big of a deal.

I never said it was a big deal. I just don't understand the point.
I'm not a big fan of text, but then again, I only use my phone for arranging meetings/band rehearsals and shit. I'm a face-to-face person, text just makes conversation too distant.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Page 1 of 2