Well I have a prob. Read the bolded if you are lazy.

I feel like I'm a bit ignorant in knowing good songs that you only notice them when someone comes and talks about some band you like and they come up with a good song that you didn't even know and that most fans of this band knows. That's kinda because I don't have enough money to spend on cds and when I'm about to, I am afraid that the cd would suck or wouldn't cultivate me enough theoricaly and musicaly.

I know alot of songs, but they are most like just "the ones that have been really popular".

I don't really want you guise to suggest me cds but, more like songs that are a must to know in story of rock and that cultivate me too. It's ok if you think I already know the song.

Anything but please, I'm no metal hater, but no hard metal songs like errr slipknot maybe or anything like I cum blood , neither anything emo. But if it sounds like megadeth, iron maiden, or metalica it's ok.

I believe in you , pit?

...Fappers
Last edited by kevC4 at Oct 11, 2008,
Anthrax - Indians.
Testament - Over The Wall.
Cannibal Corpse.... Skull Full Of Maggots.
Rick... I can't do it!

Also I think Carcass played a big role in the melodeath deal. Their song "Heartwork" is a must But their earlier stuff is just as good
Something about hoes. They're good for cultivating.

/lame

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by imdeth
Anthrax - Indians.
Testament - Over The Wall.
Cannibal Corpse.... Skull Full Of Maggots.
Rick... I can't do it!

Also I think Carcass played a big role in the melodeath deal. Their song "Heartwork" is a must But their earlier stuff is just as good

ಠ_ಠ
korn - blind XD its not too heavy
Kerry King Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only

Quote by dehollister

and im 14 got any problems ill f*ckin drop you.

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Spooni_Shaq is the best UGer ever, period
Quote by DerekTheDominoe
The blues. Listening to that music is like reading a history book.

Gimmeh blues sawng plawks?

Traduction: Can you give me some names of blues song please?
FFF by megadeth
Victory - megadeth
Murders in the rue morgue - iron maiden
Skin o my teeth - megadeth
She wolf - megadeth
Killing is my business - megadeth
Rattlehead - megadeth
The skull beneath the skin - megadeth
Tornado ofsouls - megadeth
Dread and the fugitive mind - megadeth

Yeah I know it's all megadeth (except for that one iron maiden song) but really, now, is that a bad thing?
Walk Like A Man - Grand Funk Railroad
Shinin' On - Grand Funk Railroad
In Need - Grand Funk Railroad
Wishing Well - Free
Bad Company - Bad Company
The Joker - Steve Miller Band
Long Live Rock 'N' Roll - Rainbow
Man on the Silver Mountain - Rainbow
Mob Rules - Black Sabbath
Holy Diver - Dio
Gypsy - Dio

As for the blues try:
Born Under a Bad Sign - Albert King
Laundromat Blues - Albert King
The Thrill is Gone - B.B. King
Killing Floor - Howlin' Wolf (Both Albert King and Hendrix did some good covers of this, also)
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What a coincidence one time I ****ed your cousin in the eye.
Quote by jetfuel495
FFF by megadeth
Victory - megadeth
Murders in the rue morgue - iron maiden
Skin o my teeth - megadeth
She wolf - megadeth
Killing is my business - megadeth
Rattlehead - megadeth
The skull beneath the skin - megadeth
Tornado ofsouls - megadeth
Dread and the fugitive mind - megadeth

Yeah I know it's all megadeth (except for that one iron maiden song) but really, now, is that a bad thing?

ಠ_ಠ

You deserve it too.
Quote by imdeth
it's what made me start listening to death metal. I know it's not the best song but it's ok

cannibal corpse and bands similar to it are the literally ONLY metal i cant listen to
Two suggestions for you.

1. Pick up a greatest hits album from any artists you like. I know Iron Maiden has like four and Megadeth has one or two. That way you're guaranteed the best of their music (more or less).

2. Visit a band's myspace. Usually it's www.myspace.com/(band name). They will have full songs on their profile. Sometimes bands have whole albums on their profiles, too. It's a good way to hear their music, and if you like them, you'll most likely like their cds. It's a good way to be sure that you will enjoy their albums before you even drop a penny on a cd.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Two suggestions for you.

1. Pick up a greatest hits album from any artists you like. I know Iron Maiden has like four and Megadeth has one or two. That way you're guaranteed the best of their music (more or less).

2. Visit a band's myspace. Usually it's www.myspace.com/(band name). They will have full songs on their profile. Sometimes bands have whole albums on their profiles, too. It's a good way to hear their music, and if you like them, you'll most likely like their cds. It's a good way to be sure that you will enjoy their albums before you even drop a penny on a cd.

This interests me.

Seizure for you, my friend.

God I should stop doing that.
You really like that goofy face thing...

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

>¦<
¦
Nevermore - The Learning, Born, This Godless Endeavour, Tommorrow Turned Into Yesterday, Sentient Six

Iced Earth - The Coming Curse, Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolf

Opeth - Blackwater Park, Porcelain Heart, The Drapery Falls, The Baying Of The Hounds, The Night And The Silent Water

Strapping Young Lad - Love?
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by jetfuel495
ok, you got me

nightrain by guns and roses. really good song. pretty much their entire appetite for destruction album.

them bones - alice in chains

even flow- pearl jam

Nightrain me knows, But me shall listen the album.

And these other songs

Quote by whalepudding
Nevermore - The Learning, Born, This Godless Endeavour, Tommorrow Turned Into Yesterday, Sentient Six

Iced Earth - The Coming Curse, Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolf

Opeth - Blackwater Park, Porcelain Heart, The Drapery Falls, The Baying Of The Hounds, The Night And The Silent Water

Strapping Young Lad - Love?

This interesting, thank you

Quote by Spoony_Bard
You really like that goofy face thing...

Well I'm not really obscessed but I find it funny.
I'd say you're borderline obsessive.

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

>¦<
¦
Quote by kevC4

Well I'm not really obscessed but I find it funny.

Your gonna kill it if you dont be careful
Kerry King Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only

Quote by dehollister

and im 14 got any problems ill f*ckin drop you.

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Spooni_Shaq is the best UGer ever, period
Quote by kevC4
Gimmeh blues sawng plawks?

Traduction: Can you give me some names of blues song please?

Ok, here we go:

In chronological order!

1930s:
Death Letter Blues-Son House
Crossroads-Robert Johnson
Sweet Home Chicago-Robert Johnson

1940s:
Boogie Chillen'- John Lee Hooker
Hobo Blues-John Lee Hooker
Crawling King Snake- John Lee Hooker

1950s:
Hideaway- Freddy King
Hoochie Coochie Man- Muddy Waters
Every Day I have the blues- BB king

This is where things get interesting, due to the british blues boom

1960s:
Have you heard- John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers with Eric Clapton
Jumping at Shadows- Fleetwood Mac
I'm Going Home- Ten Years After ( Live at Woodstock)

1970s:
The thrill is gone- BB king
5 Long Years- BB king
Key to the Highway- Derek and the Dominoes

1980s:
Texas Flood-Stevie Ray Vaughn
Pride and Joy- Stevie Ray Vaughn
Rory Gallaghers live blues songs

Today:

Derek Trucks Band
Black Keys
Gov't Mule

I haven't even scratched the surface, due to the fact that I haven't mentioned Albert king, Howling Wolf, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Allman Brothers, Cream, Mick Taylor or Mike Bloomfield.

If you want to deepen your knowledge of the blues, listen to what I just mentioned.
Quote by DerekTheDominoe
Ok, here we go:

In chronological order!

1930s:
Death Letter Blues-Son House
Crossroads-Robert Johnson
Sweet Home Chicago-Robert Johnson

1940s:
Boogie Chillen'- John Lee Hooker
Hobo Blues-John Lee Hooker
Crawling King Snake- John Lee Hooker

1950s:
Hideaway- Freddy King
Hoochie Coochie Man- Muddy Waters
Every Day I have the blues- BB king

This is where things get interesting, due to the british blues boom

1960s:
Have you heard- John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers with Eric Clapton
Jumping at Shadows- Fleetwood Mac
I'm Going Home- Ten Years After ( Live at Woodstock)

1970s:
The thrill is gone- BB king
5 Long Years- BB king
Key to the Highway- Derek and the Dominoes

1980s:
Texas Flood-Stevie Ray Vaughn
Pride and Joy- Stevie Ray Vaughn
Rory Gallaghers live blues songs

Today:

Derek Trucks Band
Black Keys
Gov't Mule

I haven't even scratched the surface, due to the fact that I haven't mentioned Albert king, Howling Wolf, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Allman Brothers, Cream, Mick Taylor or Mike Bloomfield.

If you want to deepen your knowledge of the blues, listen to what I just mentioned.

Fawk

Well, I guess I have some homework over here. Thank you buddy.
Daft Punk. I don't care what genre of music you like, this band is amazing. listen to any one of their songs, but I recommend (if you must have specific songs)

Around The World
Human After All
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Mothership Reconnection
around the world/harder better faster stronger (they mixed them on a live album, ****ing amazing)
technologic

you will be amazed

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Wait. How do songs cultivate you?
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.
Quote by ZeBubba!
Wait. How do songs cultivate you?

*strong voice*You ignorant fool!

Racer X - Scarified
Buckethead - Final Wars
Buckethead - Soothsayer
Suicidal Tendincies - Institioutinalized
I also suggest buying greatest hits albums. If I'm not sure if I'm gonna like a band, or if I don't care to really get into them I'll just buy a greatest hits album.

Either that, or research a band you've heard of and see which album most people think is the best.

For instance, way back when I was just starting to get into metal I wanted some Pantera but didn't know what to get as I only knew Walk, so I picked up their Greatest Hits, I loved it and looked around and found that most people think that Vulgar Display Of Power was one of the ones most people find as the best, so I got it, and loved it.

It seems to me that you're at the stage where you like certain songs and know who they're by, but you haven't go into like bands in general.

I'll really get into a band, buy a cd, listen to it til I'm sick of it and keep buying more of that band and love most of it, then I'll get tired of listening to em all the time and find another band.
I would say take a good look at Muse's Absolution and Origin of Symmetry albums. Their newest one, Black holes and revelations is also really easy to get into but the two mentioned before are probably their best, which absolution being the most accessible of the two. Key tracks on each: Absolution: The Small print, Ruled By Secrecy, Stockholm Syndrome, Hysteria, Thoughts of a dying atheist, and if you dig slow stuff, Blackout. Origin of Symmetry: Plug in baby, citizen erased (one of the best songs ever), feeling good, bliss, or new born. These are all their most accessible-ish but by no means the best. Please check that out, someone here got me into them and since they've become my favorite band their bomb. PEACE
Quote by Reverb X
I think you should touch your penis. It solves all problems.

Quote by JimmyPageda2nd
My penis is not huge.

EDIT: If anyone sigs that, I'll beat their ass.

Member of the Nobody Club:We Don't Matter Enough To Have Titles. PM gunther_sucks to join