Okay so I am basically a noob at this so I need some advice. My first build I found out that the body was hardwood, which I found out is probably not the best. So I need to know what wood I should look for in a good quality body as I will be buying one when I get some spare money.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
It all depends on what sound you want. Quick run down -

Ash - very bright tone. This wood is big for basses because of its "snap"
Alder - a nice mix of both. most strats are alder.
Mahogany - very warm and bassy. gives a very thick sound. all les pauls are mahogany
Google! Or better: Maybe you want to use some Searchbarrian Mahogany, I hear you can get a lot of stuff out of it.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Oh duh how could I forget the sound, more like 80's hairmetal aka motley crue, ratt, dokken, etc.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Oh duh how could I forget the sound, more like 80's hairmetal aka motley crue, ratt, dokken, etc.

I'd go with alder
HI
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Okay so I am basically a noob at this so I need some advice. My first build I found out that the body was hardwood, which I found out is probably not the best.

huh? hardwood is the only type of wood you would want to use for a guitar, what type of hardwood was it? mahogany, ash, alder? you cant really go wrong...

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
huh? hardwood is the only type of wood you would want to use for a guitar, what type of hardwood was it? mahogany, ash, alder? you cant really go wrong...

I wouldn't mind using pine TBH...

And perhaps basswood would suit your style...
heh idk why I put hardwood but I just want a better body so that I get a great sounding guitar out of it..
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112