Well, currently I've been playing for a little over two months, and just for the practice, I want to attempt tackling a solo.

I've been thinking the solo for The Remembrance Ballad by Atreyu, although it gets really fast with lots of slides/hammer-ons/pull-offs, I think I should probably try learn some of it to help me with the rest of the song (since I am currently learning the Intro and chorus to that song).

I was wondering, do you guys think I should continue to attempt the solo from that song? Or try something similar first (if this, please suggest which one. )

Thanks guys, much appreciated.
Quote by Six_One_Zipp
If I had to do the nasty with any guitarist it'd definitely be Herman Li,

The sex would be just like his playing, fast, sloppy, and dissapointing.
nirvana smells like teen spirit- easiest solo on the earth
second easiest is.....american idiot - greenday
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
BC Rich Bronze Series Warlock
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
metal muff with top boast
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt Amp
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
2 months?
Try something easier.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Just had a look at the Right Side of the Bed solo, starts off easy it seems, then builds up to become harder, which looks pretty good.

I'll have a look at Lip Gloss and Black, thanks trojanfan.
Quote by Six_One_Zipp
If I had to do the nasty with any guitarist it'd definitely be Herman Li,

The sex would be just like his playing, fast, sloppy, and dissapointing.
Quote by Froboarder
2 months?
Try something easier.

That's what I thought. But yeah, don't try solos in ur first 2 months of playing, it will be difficult for you, unless you play smells like teen spirit. Remember, you can't pick up the guitar and be the next Dimebag Darrell or Randy Rhoads, it just doesnt work that way. Guitar takes patience and practice, so try to stick more to riffs. I've been playing for over a year now, and I don't know that much solos (although I'm trying)
Gear:
Gibson Flying V
Jackson RR3 w/ Zakk Wylde EMG's
'89 Marshall 8240 Combo Amp
Marshall MG10 CD
Boss MT-2
Dunlop Dime Crybaby From Hell