Page 1 of 2
so i was just sitting here on UG when i hear a loud smash, i left it a few seconds thinking my parents heard it but they didn't so i went to investigate. our outside glasstop dining table had smashed (the glasstop) for no reason whatsoever. i just stared at it in disbelief. what can cause glass to smash out of the blue?
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Shadow people.
(Link)

Also, dramatic changes in temperature.
It's that time of year where it gets really cold at night.

Also, if it was outside it could have been like a baseball, an animal, someone with a baseball bat / hammer, basically anything.
Next time, react quicker to smashing noises.
Last edited by daltonator9690 at Oct 11, 2008,
Batman
Kerry King Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only

Quote by dehollister

and im 14 got any problems ill f*ckin drop you.

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Spooni_Shaq is the best UGer ever, period
Quote by aradine
what can cause glass to smash out of the blue?

I believe it's called science.

same thing happening in 2005
Not the same table, but the same problem, I'm sure.
Quote by HorizonShadow
Just eat the headstock.

That'll make you look mad.
Hilary Clinton.

Happened to my mates table, we both shat ourselves. I'm guessing it's a hot day, huh.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I think your parents where about to bang on the table but it broke

That is why they SUPPOSEDLY didn't hear it.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Last edited by jthm_guitarist at Oct 11, 2008,
it is the middle of the day, there was no balls or bats or anything within 20 metres, the table is about 6 metres from where i was sitting and the only way to get in or out of the backyard would go right past me i would have seen it.

it has also been a steady 26 degree day (celcius).

shadow people is the only answer that actually seems plausible which is the saddest thing.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

It was Dimebag.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Quote by daltonator9690
Shadow people.
(Link)

Also, dramatic changes in temperature.
It's that time of year where it gets really cold at night.

Also, if it was outside it could have been like a baseball, an animal, someone with a baseball bat / hammer, basically anything.
Next time, react quicker to smashing noises.

I used to hate those shadow people stories when I was a kid. Apparently they "enter your body" when you play outside after dark.

On topic, the big picture window smashed out of the blue once... later found out it was a bird.
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
change in temperature and humidity, or a small crack in your table you may not have noticed, that got to big, and caused the pressure to break the glass
Smashing Pumpkins?
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Quote by Graveworm
I think your parents where about to bang on the table but it broke

That is why they SUPPOSEDLY didn't hear it.

Quote by imdeth
Rob Halford vocals. Have you been listening to some Priest?

Hhhhhhhhhheeeeee issssssssssss theeeeeeeeeeeeee painnnnnnnnnnnnnnkillerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
The hydrogen bonds in the Sulfate atoms reacted with the gaseous Iron in the air (trees release a lot of Iron in the fall) which caused their bonds to titrate and become more malleable.

Once this happened it was only a matter of time before a nutralization reaction occured causing the glass molecules to repell each other to the point where the glass fell apart.

mol = N / 6.022x10^3
Quote by hoootlilboy
change in temperature and humidity, or a small crack in your table you may not have noticed, that got to big, and caused the pressure to break the glass

I'd be going with that- small crack in the glass, got to the point where it was too weak and it shatterd no idea, shadowpeople sounds plausible too Was it in direct sunlight?
......... because here at mcdonald's our special ingredient is our people...
Quote by technicolour
The hydrogen bonds in the Sulfate atoms reacted with the gaseous Iron in the air (trees release a lot of Iron in the fall) which caused their bonds to titrate and become more malleable.

Once this happened it was only a matter of time before a nutralization reaction occured causing the glass molecules to repell each other to the point where the glass fell apart.

mol = N / 6.022x10^3

i'm assuming this was made up on the spot. otherwise you sir, win.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by technicolour

mol = N / 6.022x10^3

you sir, winRAR
Quote by aradine
i'm assuming this was made up on the spot. otherwise you sir, win.

yeah, twas.
Quote by technicolour

Once this happened it was only a matter of time before a neutralization reaction occured causing the glass molecules to repell each other to the point where the glass fell apart.

mol = N / 6.022x10^3

Oh, so that's what that smell is when you walk through a boreal forest in fall?
So you're saying
H(subscript 2)S(s)+Fe(g)-->?
EDIT: I gave up. Too much thinking for 2 in the morning.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Quote by Froboarder
Oh, so that's what that smell is when you walk through a boreal forest in fall?
So you're saying
H(subscript 2)S(s)+Fe(g)-->?
EDIT: I gave up. Too much thinking for 2 in the morning.

SO4 (aq) + Fe (g) ------> FeSO4 (s) + faggotry
Quote by hoootlilboy

this was my answer exactly.

there was probably a small crack in it that you didnt notice, then a change in temperature...CRACK.

my best guess atleast....
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by technicolour
SO4 (aq) + Fe (g) ------> FeSO4 (s) + faggotry

Oh, oops. Misread 'sulfate' for 'sulfur'.
Wouln't it be (whatever the hell sand is) + H2SO4(aq) + Fe(g)----->FeSO4 + H2(whatever the hell sand is)?
Quote by angus fan16
Quote by Froboarder
Wouln't it be (whatever the hell sand is) + H2SO4(aq) + Fe(g)----->FeSO4 + H2(whatever the hell sand is)?

sillicon something, and no, because if it was, that would imply that there is too much sense being made.

I'm gonig to bed.
Quote by technicolour
sillicon something, and no, because if it was, that would imply that there is too much sense being made.

I'm gonig to bed.

Cools.
At any rate, table broke, get a new one. /thread
Quote by angus fan16
Quote by DerekTheDominoe

Slipknot?

im almost positive there in germane right now...............

BTW. if you dont change ur avatar im going to murder you
Quote by Froboarder

No, that's wrong.

It would be (+ (+ (+ H3K2Fe) H2S2O4(ag2)) Fe3(g2)) -> (+ Fe3S2O4 H2)

Yes, it makes perfect sense.

(define
froBoarder
(+ (+ (+ H3K2Fe) H2S2O4(ag2)) Fe3(g2))
)

(check-expect (froBoarder (+ (+ (+ H3K2Fe) H2S2O4(ag2)) Fe3(g2))) (+ Fe3S2O4 H2))

I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by brandon369852
No, that's wrong.

It would be (+ (+ (+ H3K2Fe) H2S2O4(ag2)) Fe3(g2)) -> (+ Fe3S2O4 H2)

Yes, it makes perfect sense.

(define
froBoarder
(+ (+ (+ H3K2Fe) H2S2O4(ag2)) Fe3(g2))
)

(check-expect (froBoarder (+ (+ (+ H3K2Fe) H2S2O4(ag2)) Fe3(g2))) (+ Fe3S2O4 H2))

I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about.

Haha. Are you inferring that I broke the table?
Quote by angus fan16
Page 1 of 2