Hey guys,

My new band involves having many different sounds available to me very easily and I'm wondering if a midi system could do this.

My pedalboard will probably look like this: Guitar>Tweak Fuzz>Wah>Chorus>Tremolo>Whammy>Line 6 DL4 Delay>Peavey Valveking 112.

I'm going to be using chorus on the clean channel almost all of the time, and I'm only going to be using the Tweak Fuzz on the clean channel. I want to be able to hit a switch and have my channel on my amp switched to clean, and the chorus automatically turned on. Then I want another switch that switches my amp to the clean channel and turns on the Tweak Fuzz right away.

I want a switch that can just turn on the lead channel, and things like that, where it when I hit the switch I hear chorus on the lead channel. Is there a possible way to do this with midi, or something else? How expensive would this be?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
If you have a couple inputs to your amp the Tonebone SwitchBone or BigShot switches could help.

Just split the signal between your clean and lead paths... does depend on having a couple inputs though.

Either that or you'd have your clean path and your lead path and switch between them with the pedal and change the amp channel at the same time. Would require two presses, which ain't so bad.

I don't know a whole lot about using midi for effects. John Mayer does that I think..
Strats -> Twin = sexwaves
Quote by single-coil
If you have a couple inputs to your amp the Tonebone SwitchBone or BigShot switches could help.

Just split the signal between your clean and lead paths... does depend on having a couple inputs though.

Either that or you'd have your clean path and your lead path and switch between them with the pedal and change the amp channel at the same time. Would require two presses, which ain't so bad.

I don't know a whole lot about using midi for effects. John Mayer does that I think..

But would I be able to hit a switch and have it change to my clean channel + chorus automatically?
Quote by GNRjungle87
But would I be able to hit a switch and have it change to my clean channel + chorus automatically?

if you had the chorus pedal on all the time in your clean loop which then went into a clean channel, then yeah.

But if you want to be able to use the chorus on your dirty channel as well then i think you'd have to kick it on and off. I don't know how you'd turn the effect on or off remotely without just changing the routing.
Strats -> Twin = sexwaves
Quote by single-coil
if you had the chorus pedal on all the time in your clean loop which then went into a clean channel, then yeah.

But if you want to be able to use the chorus on your dirty channel as well then i think you'd have to kick it on and off. I don't know how you'd turn the effect on or off remotely without just changing the routing.

Do you know if there is any way to do this via midi?
Quote by GNRjungle87
Do you know if there is any way to do this via midi?

Yes, you could set a preset on a midi controller that can switch on and off effects/channels but it might be expensive for the controller, thing the switches pedals on and off (can't remember the name ) and I'm not sure if it will work with the Valveking.

It probably will but I don't know much about midi controlled rigs, look up John Petrucci's rig on the Mesa/Boogie site, he has a setup like your describing.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Digital-Music-GCX-Guitar-Audio-Switcher?sku=183401

That would allow you to simultaneously control your amp, and the stompboxes and hold presets as to what pedals turn on at a specific time.

Then you'd need a midi controller. Roland makes a cheap one that has like 10 available patches on it, or you can get a GCX Ground Control that has a few more, or a Rocktron one that has like 30 patches (or whatever you call what the settings you assign to the buttons).