Page 1 of 2
Tell me pit, who do you truly respect, as a person and as a guitarist.

For me, without any doubt or hesitation, it's David Gilmour, the epitome of class amongst his peers.

Incredibly involved in charities, whenever he guests on other artists albums, he has the studio write his check to a different charity. His handling of the passing of fellow bandmate, Richard Wright in recent days, truly made him something special in my eyes.

Easily, could go on for paragraphs but this isn't a thread about David Gilmour, but about you admire, for their character, and skills.

Special Mention:

Neil Young
Bob Marley
Dave Ghrol...

Come on! How would that not be awesome?
Quote by Crazymike100

You disgust me.

Quote by jack_off_joel
bro u are definately gay

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
A backstabbin' bitch who calls himself the 'oracle'?

Quote by 100%guitarmad
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO REFER TO THE FIRST QUOTE IN YOUR SIGNATURE

UG loves me so much. Do you?

MY NAME IS JACOB. CALL ME THAT.
Carlos Santana the dude is an amazing guitarist, donates a lot to charity (the Live Your Light tour's all about the charity) and the dude's just a cool guy
You know you're loved when someone breaks a guitar over your leg and everyone's more concerned about the guitar than you.

Quote by Fiire
^total philosopher
Steve Cropper is pretty classy.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Knopfler, Clapton, B.B. King.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
If everyone was truthful, for the classiest most respected guitarist, it would have to be Clapton, he is like the Godfather.
OMGWTFLOL
T0t4lly H3rm4n Li!!1!!1
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Quote by 777Corey

Cheetah Chrome, duh.

**** yes
I've seen one million toilets...

AND I ROCKED THEM ALL!
George Harrison.

I wish... RIP.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...

Zappa had class out the ass.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by cronik_desire
the guy from buckethead
he can whammy without a whammy bar

ok i can't tell if you're serious right now. if you are, buckethead is a guitarist, not a band. also thats a really horrible reason to pick a classy guitarist.

I'd have to go with trey anastasio. I know he wasn't the best or anything, but he did do alot for charity and he just looks so classy.
I've always thought Eric Clapton and Eric Johnson were pretty classy.
Deluxe Player's Strat
Soon-to-be(Hopefully)- Peavey Bandit
Probably gonna go with Clapton and Santana.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by chimairapwns
ok i can't tell if you're serious right now. if you are, buckethead is a guitarist, not a band. also thats a really horrible reason to pick a classy guitarist.

I'd have to go with trey anastasio. I know he wasn't the best or anything, but he did do alot for charity and he just looks so classy.

it was a joke i kid i kid
lol, santana is one of the most overrated guitarists ever. id have to say George Harrison, who is quite underrated, he wasnt spectacularly technical, but god, every beatles song was just topped off by his solos.

also EC is GOD, hes so cool in every way, humble and modest

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Just give up, because Callo just destroyed you.
Quote by daytripper75
if i am not pooping, i stand to pee. if i am pooping, it makes more sense to just sit down in the first place.

CALLO

Define class. David Gilmour nevery plays anything he plays just cause he likes it. He never plays to less that it gets boring, but just enough to make a simple melody line stand the test of time (aka FLoyd classics)

For me that's class.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Kerry King?
Seriously maybe Brian May, or Alex Lifeson
"God damn you Walter! You fuckin' asshole! Everything's a fuckin' travesty with you, man! And what was all that shit about Vietnam? What the FUCK, has anything got to do with Vietnam? What the fuck are you talking about?"-The Dude
Michael Amott of Arch Enemy, Amazing Guitar Player, Incredible Tone. Really modest down to earth guy, not a boorish drunk or satan worshiper. Just a true master of his craft.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
rob chappers
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Joe Bonamassa is a real classy guy. I saw him play in my hometown last summer with my bandmates and we were walking back to our car when we saw his tour bus parked outside near my car. We decided to say how much we enjoyed the show and stuff like 12 year old fanboys, but he was very cordial and gracious and asked if we played music. We said we did and he invited us on the tour bus and talked about blues with us for around 15 minutes and showed us around. It was just great. For a player of his skill to be like one of the guys is a great thing to see in our current state of the music scene.
Mark Tremonti of Alter Bridge, he's pretty good and is down to earth IMO. He wrote a song about his mom when she died, it's amazing.
Troy Van Leeuwen (guitarist of Queens of the stone age and early A perfect circle), i don't really know of many acheivements hes done but he dresses ****ing sharp and seems like a cool dude.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Kurt Cobain

I love how when it got tough, he stuck it out to the end to be there for the fans...

...wait

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
Kurt Cobain

I love how when it got tough, he stuck it out to the end to be there for the fans...

...wait

You're cool.
Jack O'shea, hands down.

Video Proof
REMEMBER REMEMBER THE 8TH OF NOVEMBER!! I SURVIVED 4CHAN'S INVASION!!
Uneeded Praising Section:
Quote by The_Hottest_Day
Why didnt you get cable-less mics?

Quote by Oldmonkeys
lol good call

Quote by Kensai
^
^ That was at me so yes it is praise.
Quote by donender
Troy Van Leeuwen (guitarist of Queens of the stone age and early A perfect circle), i don't really know of many acheivements hes done but he dresses ****ing sharp and seems like a cool dude.

Exactly.
Page 1 of 2