Okay guys, so for Christmas I'm hoping to get a new amp. Although, I'm still looking for more options, two amps that have so far caught my attention are the Laney LV300 twin, for £250, and the Laney VC30-210, for £330.

Bearing in mind the price difference, and the (from what I've heard) somewhat questionable reliability of the VC30, which amp would you guys choose? I play mostly prog metal stuff, as well as old heavy metal and hard rock. The amp has to be heard nicely when I have a band practice (my current crappy 15w crate amp can barely cut through the mix at full volume!)

HOWEVER, a good, warm clean sound is extremely important to me, as I love to incorporate a lot of clean passages and riffs into my music.

If it helps, I have a PRS SE singlecut, and may be getting and Ibanez SZR720 in November as well. I also have a Boss DS-1 Distortion and an Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo pedal.

Any help is appreciated, thanks guys.

Michal

EDIT: If you have any other recommendations in the price range (no higher than £350), I will also gladly hear them
The VC is the better amp, but wont do metal too nicely (even with pedalage.) take a look at the lc30, more gain and more versatile than the vc30, but a little thinner sounding cleans.
Dare I say it: Bugera? (maybe look used, if there are any?)
Seems perfect: good cleans, good gain.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
Dare I say it: Bugera? (maybe look used, if there are any?)
Seems perfect: good cleans, good gain.

Which one would you recommend?
Quote by michal23
Which one would you recommend?

You'd have to try them out, but here's a great professional recording of the 6262:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GH2EdXurnkU
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO