well yes, the title says it all. i restring how i was taught so i dont know if thats a problem, but im starting to get mega paranoid about it, espeically when we play small venues that are seriously hot and humid and perfect conditions for the guitar to go out.

i played last night, and in between songs flicked to the clean channel and was horrified at how badly the d string had gone!

its not like im using a cheapo guitar either, surely it must need looking at or slight mod because when i play at home it never goes out?
Maybe get some locking tuners or something of the sort.

And hey, it might have just dropped out of tune, things happen like that.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Maybe the change in temperature and humidity is throwing off your tuning, you couldnt go to a place leave the guitar for 20mins and then tune it?
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
how are you stringing it? and how often does it go out of tune in a set?

if it's REALLY a tuner problem, then just buy locking tuners and be done with it/
My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer
Ibanez '03 JEM7VWH

Greg Byers '01 Classical (Euro Spruce bent top)
Darren Hippner 8 String Classical (Engelmann Spruce)
Alhambra 4P
Taylor 614ce
Framus Texan se. # 5/196

Diezel Herbert 2007
Mesa Recto 2x12
make sure when you tune, you tune up to the note and not down to it
Maybe you are "punishing" your guitar more in live situations, all the thrill and booze helps Get new tuners maybe, if that doesn't solve it try a professional music store help or something.
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Fender DG-11E Black (Acoustic)
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
I second Op3th, it is easy to get caught up in a live situation and abuse the strings.

When did you last change strings? Were they properly stretched once on the guitar? It also might be a good idea to get a tuner and between songs quickly bypass and check.

Also, if you cant hear your guitar going out of tune theres something not right there either.
There are many reasons as to why your guitar may lose tuning. Consider the following....

1. string slippage,
are your strings wrapped aroud the tuner posts well enough (meaning 2 wrap arounds at least).

2. Nut slots,
Are your nut slots too small for your guage string, resulting in the string getting caught

3. New strings
Are they brand new strings, or worse, nylon?

4. Tremelo
Are you continously using a whammy bar, if so make sure that it ends up where it starts
when you're done.

5. More serious problems,
Structural problems, loose neck, a loose and rising bridge, or sloppy saddles.

Troubleshoot yourself through this if nothing helps its either just
1. Your guitar setup
2. Your dodgy re-stringing or
3. Your nut
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=
I'd just make sure to stretch the strings properly, eventually you'll need to grease the nut. Some oil will do, music stores usually have special products for that, too.
Don't bother with locking tuners, you don't need those unless you have a trem and use it extensively.
Well, you can pick up locking tuners for not that much from Guitar Fetish. They are nice too. But I recommend getting a pedal tuner and just keep a check during a set. I got the Planet Waves pedal tuner and love it. Now I am always in tune
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by toeinator

3. New strings
Are they brand new strings, or worse, nylon?

4. Tremelo
Are you continously using a whammy bar, if so make sure that it ends up where it starts
when you're done.

5. More serious problems,
Structural problems, loose neck, a loose and rising bridge, or sloppy saddles.

I lol'd, did you get this out a magazine? Clearly didnt read original post

This might help...
hahahahh yeah i was going to say, read the post!

right i'll go troubleshoot now, i may just get my guitar serivced a little anyway, ive owned it four years now and not once had it serviced, friends of mine get it dont every 4 months or so!