Iam newb( Iam tired of saying that to everybody ) well my proble is the pinky of my left hand , it's giving me hell , i've been parcticin on it for a mounth now but i just cant controle it when change power chords not muntion play solo with it , how can I fix that ? Am I doing any thing wrong ?
takes time buddy...
pinky is the weakest of all and it definately would take time...
keep practicing...
cheers!!
yeah same here (i just started too)
whenever i play i lick or anything like that, my pinky lifts up too high from the strings
anyone know how far a pinky should lift when its not in use?
cheers
Quote by tchettizzle
yeah same here (i just started too)
whenever i play i lick or anything like that, my pinky lifts up too high from the strings
anyone know how far a pinky should lift when its not in use?
cheers

I still have that problem, and I've been playing for almost two years.
It doesn't really botter me..just make sure it's affecting your speed.
Quote by Maiden88
Iam newb( Iam tired of saying that to everybody ) well my proble is the pinky of my left hand , it's giving me hell , i've been parcticin on it for a mounth now but i just cant controle it when change power chords not muntion play solo with it , how can I fix that ? Am I doing any thing wrong ?

Practice slowly when practicing for your pinky. Try to control your muscle movement and make it as trivial as possible, then on high speeds your muscles will remember that movement and restrict to it. I kinda have a problem too, but only when I try to play ridiculously fast, otherwise its ok. So SLOW is the keyword :P
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Fender DG-11E Black (Acoustic)
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
Not sure exactly what your problem might be, but I've been working on my pinky for a few months now and I've seen big improvements! Here's what I do.......

try putting your "index" finger on the 5th fret, middle finger on 6th fret, ring finger on 7th fret and pinky on the 8th fret. Keep all fingers on the strings, but use very light pressure....just barely touch the strings. Now, lift your ring finger straight up and down without moving any other fingers. If your pinky tries to move with your ring finger, then that could be a problem.....
If so, try isolating your ring and pinky finger movements. Keep all fingers down as before, and lift your pinky straight up...put it back down and lift your ring finger, alternate between the two. Do this VERY SLOWLY, and concentrate on each movement. It should only take about 3 weeks of moderate practice to get them working independently!