ive arranged to do a whole lot of stuff including getting a proper job and selling things, selling my soul to the devil ect to get a ce24. is it worth it? is there anything else i should consider? opinions?
If you want it that badly, why not? It's a good guitar.

Tell us what music you're playing and what amp you have and we'll recommend you some stuff.
PRS is CNC overpriced. As someone who owns a PRS I would not reccomend one.

Roman Quicksilver is better:

I don't care much for the regular superstrat ones, but I'd stab a baby for a singlecut 245 (in black)
I have a singlecut 245 and If I didn't have the money, I probably would have sold my soul for it!

if you're going to sell your soul though, you should at least barter for a custom 24 rather than the CE
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
CE24 boltons are the sh!t. Mines a 94 from the original factory.
If you set it up right i will be amazing. Keep it stock too (and yes I have a load of other axes but nothing compares)
i dont really see whats actually better to justify the big price jump. mahogany neck is nice but i would be perfectly happy with maple and im not made of money. is there a difference that i am not seeing though?

the wide thin prs neck just feels perfect to my hands. ive found guitars that i really like the necks on but this just feels the best to me.

as to what i play: rock is kinda my middleground but i have a lot of very different influences so versitility is important.

the main deterrent to buy the guitar is i feel that im not as good a player as the guitar. it makes me feel guilty. i do have to give myself credit cause i try very hard to be good though. (no im not a n00b but its a damn expensive guitar) i still feel guilty about it. any opinions on this?
^^I had the same feeling when buying my Fender CS Strat. It goes away. It'll make you want to play more and get better. New toys are always a big motivator. You'll live up to it in no time.
Quote by TheQuailman
^^I had the same feeling when buying my Fender CS Strat. It goes away. It'll make you want to play more and get better. New toys are always a big motivator. You'll live up to it in no time.

yeah thats what i figured. i reckon its a damn hard instrument to live up to. most people around me dont have such fancy guitars which makes me feel guilty. on the other hand, most people have more than just one guitar (i will only have the ce24). it shouldnt be something that bothers me but it really does.
Last edited by no_thing101 at Oct 11, 2008,
Buy it. You won't regret it. There are plenty of well cared-for used ones for sale. Nobody relics a PRS.

Also, the stock pickups are just fine, although I have replaced my neck pu with a Dragon I. The stock ones are pretty close to the Dragon I according to PRS.
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Quilter OD200, 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Last edited by Vulcan at Oct 11, 2008,
Quote by Vulcan
Buy it. You won't regret it. There are plenty of well cared-for used ones for sale. Nobody relics a PRS.

Also, the stock pickups are just fine, although I have replaced my neck pu with a Dragon I. The stock ones are pretty close to the Dragon I according to PRS.

they are more than just fine....

yeah i think im gonna go for it. a prs is my dream guitar. im gathering stuff for a resume right now.

thanks for the advice and the opinions. i feel sooo spoiled
Quote by SenorSmiley
Buy an old PRS if you do buy one. Don't buy a new one.

i havent really found a good deal. i live in australia and the aussie dollar has gone down terribly so it is really expensive to import. locally there arent really any bargains other than a singlecut for 2500 aud. as much as i love the looks and the sound, the neck is too fat and it isnt double cutaway.
I felt really guilty when I got my singlecut, I've only been playing for about 4 and a half years and I still don't think I deserve it, but I'm bloody glad I have it. My logic is that I won't ever really need another guitar, so the fact that I got it earlier than I really should've won't make much difference.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by no_thing101
i havent really found a good deal. i live in australia and the aussie dollar has gone down terribly so it is really expensive to import. locally there arent really any bargains other than a singlecut for 2500 aud. as much as i love the looks and the sound, the neck is too fat and it isnt double cutaway.

Call Ed Roman. I bought a Custom 22 from him for $500.00 US. He sells Custom 22s for whatever he trades them in for. I sold it to put towards my 1960 Les Paul fund.
Quote by SenorSmiley
PRS is CNC overpriced. As someone who owns a PRS I would not reccomend one.

Roman Quicksilver is better:

yet you are willing to buy a gibson
to TS about feeling guilty use the guitar as a motivator
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
i found a dave navarro cheap. should i go for that instead?

also, guilt is a good motivator. i have done 5 hours a day for the past few days.
Quote by no_thing101
i found a dave navarro cheap. should i go for that instead?

also, guilt is a good motivator. i have done 5 hours a day for the past few days.

Go for it.I find it DAMN sexy and I would kill for it.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
regardless of price, which do you think is better. dave navarro or ce24?

yeah the comment above says pretty clearly tha the dave navarro should be better but the dave navarro isnt exactly a custom and i also really like the look of maple tops.

i need to make this decision pretty soon and i would like as many opinions as possible.
Last edited by no_thing101 at Oct 14, 2008,
yeah thats the main difference. i dont really mind brighter or darker but is the mahogany neck louder or does it have greater sustain?

other than that i vastly prefer the look of the ce24.
I cant place this Ed guy but hes on the tip of my tongue. Its homosexual who is he?
Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.
Quote by no_thing101
yeah thats the main difference. i dont really mind brighter or darker but is the mahogany neck louder or does it have greater sustain?

other than that i vastly prefer the look of the ce24.

I'm using a custom 24 and I would think that the ce would sound more stratty , theres definetely not gonna be any discernable difference in sustain and no idea how loud it will be but I say get the ce24 if u prefer the looks. You really can't go wrong with a PRS imo haha
Quote by Down Shifter
I cant place this Ed guy but hes on the tip of my tongue. Its homosexual who is he?

http://www.edroman.com/

Use the search bar, there was a HUGE thread about him ages ago, but I can't remember it.
ok problem solved

i just got a prs custom 22 in black cherry with a wide-thin neck and a push pull tone pot.

i preferred the pickups on it to the 24 fret ones. More vintagey.

YAY!