Suggestions for moderately hard blues pieces or blues-influenced pieces?

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Ehm.. Maybe AC/DC solo's? Not that hard, but certainly blues influenced!
btw, what can you play?
The Stumble is a good song since it's a guitar oriented instrumental.

Also check out some Roy Buchanan stuff, loads of hard techniques in there you could try to master and just generally a lot of good instrumental songs aswell.

Otherwise just learn delta/piedmont fingerpicked acoustic blues, can't get much harder than that, especially if you're normally an electric guitarist.
texas flood - srv, clinic in the blues
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Blue Guitar- Hound Dog Taylor and the Houserockers.
hi, jus signd up

SRV wud b a gr8 start.....

btw ny1 out there got d tabs 4 Dengue Woman Blues - Jimmie Vaughan ???????
Quote by fukuronoshiro
hi, jus signd up

................... what?
Quote by fukuronoshiro
hi, jus signd up

Hi there, stick around. But speak English preferably.

Seriously mate...use real words and proper grammar.

Freddie King

+1 people always go to Albert or BB King, but I much prefer Freddie.
Quote by fukuronoshiro
hi, jus signd up

yer people here prefer to be able to read the posts easily, its not msn! haha

but stick around man, wed love to have more people here!
Feelin the Blues

"The Blues are a simple music and I'm a simple man. But the Blues aren't a science, the Blues can't be broken down like a mathematics. The Blues are a mystery, and mysteries are never as simple as they look" - BB King
It's not that hard. I'm not quite good enough with muting though.
Not used to playing as aggressive as Stevie did
haha thats funny i learnt most of it last night, like JilaX said its is pretty easy, just the speed that puts people off. I was just trying to find a song different then the usual delta blues ive been playing lately, so its kinda a coincidence that i learnt it and then this thread gets brought back up.
Feelin the Blues

"The Blues are a simple music and I'm a simple man. But the Blues aren't a science, the Blues can't be broken down like a mathematics. The Blues are a mystery, and mysteries are never as simple as they look" - BB King
I can't, the main shuffle bits fine, but I can't do most of the leads, too fast for me
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Hmm, yeah.

Some of the fast leads are a bit awkward to play. Nothing too bad though.

I'm just not that good at the fast stuff
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Me neither, tbh,

Fastest is probably, around the solo in Heartbraker by Zeppelin, or so.
Quote by JilaX^
Me neither, tbh,

Fastest is probably, around the solo in Heartbraker by Zeppelin, or so.

I wish I could play that fast

speed is my number one frustrating barrier, everyone who I've met can play fast not long after starting (comparitively), but I've always struggled with it

so I work on phrasing a lot, and practice picking about an hour a day

its working, but very VERY slowly
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Quote by hugh20
Suggestions for moderately hard blues pieces or blues-influenced pieces?

Stevie's version of "Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)" from Couldn't Stand the Weather.
When playing the intro to rude mood ( the alternation of single notes and muted strings), do you use a picking motion to play(wrist) or do you use more of your arm. I find it difficult to play the shuffle that fast and make it sound as clear and distinct as SRV. After a few measures the rhythym becomes inconsistent and sloppy. I can play the other shuffles like Pride and Joy and Cold shot. I could even go faster than that, but at the 256 bpm (I think) of rude mood its quite difficult. Perhaps someone can explain their technique in performing this song as would really like to be able to play it. THANKS!
Gary Moore again. Parisienne Walkways.
But if you are brave, Bick's Bolero or Greeny.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Oh well, Fast Talking Woman Blues, Both great songs by Peter Green and really fun to play.
Quote by WesM.Vaughan
When playing the intro to rude mood ( the alternation of single notes and muted strings), do you use a picking motion to play(wrist) or do you use more of your arm. I find it difficult to play the shuffle that fast and make it sound as clear and distinct as SRV. After a few measures the rhythym becomes inconsistent and sloppy. I can play the other shuffles like Pride and Joy and Cold shot. I could even go faster than that, but at the 256 bpm (I think) of rude mood its quite difficult. Perhaps someone can explain their technique in performing this song as would really like to be able to play it. THANKS!

That's the hard part

Just watch the video live, only way to learn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCHVpDwMS2k
Led Zep's "Since I've been loving you" and "No Quarter".

In 30 years playing both now on average once a month, both are so inspiring, I never, never been able to play each twice the same.
Last edited by ColdGin at Apr 4, 2009,
Joe Bonamassa-Woke Up Dreaming
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton