I'm looking for a simple-to-use device which would allow me to plug-in my electric guitar into the device and straight into the PC without much hassle.

Would the Zoom G1 allow me to just that?

thanks in advance
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.
Quote by zamir666
try a line 6 toneport ux1. my band uses it for recordings and it does the job pretty well

Agree...
But remember.. you still need a program to record with.. the toneport is just the device that allows you to record stuff in pretty good quality and it can do guitar, bass , vocals..
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
Quote by IKnowItsWrong
Agree...
But remember.. you still need a program to record with.. the toneport is just the device that allows you to record stuff in pretty good quality and it can do guitar, bass , vocals..

The toneport comes with Gearbox and a recording software, so that wont be a problem I guess.

The only thing that really bothers me is that you cant listen to what you're playing directly from the PC, you have to plugin your headset directly into the Toneport, which I find kinda silly.
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.
Quote by lokster
The toneport comes with Gearbox and a recording software, so that wont be a problem I guess.

The only thing that really bothers me is that you cant listen to what you're playing directly from the PC, you have to plugin your headset directly into the Toneport, which I find kinda silly.

I have the pod x3 live.. came with gearbox but no recording software..
or I made a major mistake ...
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
Quote by lokster
I'm looking for a simple-to-use device which would allow me to plug-in my electric guitar into the device and straight into the PC without much hassle.

Would the Zoom G1 allow me to just that?

thanks in advance

Go with the Zoom USB devices. I have a G2.1u, and it's a piece of cake. You can work with the G1, but you'll need a cable like this to connect into the line-in of your computer.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101