Hey, some friends of mine and I are playing at our highschool's bonfire after the homecoming game, and before the dance. We used to only have 30 minutes of playing time, but now we have 45. Our set list was

Badfish-Sublime
Going Away to College- Blink 182
Garden Grove- Sublime
Down- Blink 182
Letters to God- Box Car Racer
FCPREMIX- Fall of Troy

FCPREMIX is going to be the last song, because that's the most energetic. But we need some more songs. We're thinking about doing Fortune Faded by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Everlong by Foo Fighters. I wanted to do Televators by the Mars Volta, but not many people would appreciate that kind of music.

So any ideas? Anything is helpful except for metal, cause we're not really into that.
Everlong is a good choice... or All My Life or Times like these..

Hmmm...
I like FF
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
We're not playing AT the dance, so we don't want too slow of songs. It's usually a high energy kinda thing cause people don't get out much in our town.
Last edited by guitarkid2113 at Oct 11, 2008,
something by muse. like citizen erased or hysteria or something newer like knights of cydonia or supermassive black hole.
homecoming queen-hinder??
Quote by Jackolas
You are my favorite August 08er, sir!

One day, when the time has come,
The truth will shine, we'll never run.
We both know just how feel,
I'm praying to god that this is real.
Quote by razmupp
something by muse. like citizen erased or hysteria or something newer like knights of cydonia or supermassive black hole.

+1
How about starlight?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Starlight by Muse. Oh yes please.

And Smells Like Teen Spirit can't hurt either :P
Quote by death_metaller
**** burzum XD

there i said it...kinda

edit: i do realise they are not here...so i kinda didnt say it...

fail
You own a store
You own a store
You own a store
You own a store
You own a store

....awesome.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Go through these CDs and pick out the songs that will make everyone say, "I haven't heard that 'goofy 90s' song in so long!"

"Goofy 90s music" is an expression my sister created, so I must credit her for the line.

Then you could play stuff like Thunderstruck or other similar classic, hard rock songs, at least a few. Thunderstruck is a good "pump up" song, so it can either be a "Hell yeah, we kicked their asses," kind of song, or a song to pump everyone up for next week if you lose. You don't live in PA, so you won't be playing my high school, so I hope it's a "Hell yeah, we kicked their asses," kind of song.

Scorpions' Rock You Like a Hurricane is another "pump up" song. You can change "bitch" in the verse to "witch" and get away with it.

Why I didn't think of Guns N Roses is a mystery for me. Welcome to the Jungle would be great to play as well.
Last edited by bangoodcharlote at Oct 11, 2008,
If you play Don't Stop Believin' everyone there will think you guys are "super totally cool"

for real.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Go through these CDs and pick out the songs that will make everyone say, "I haven't heard that 'goofy 90s' song in so long!"

"Goofy 90s music" is an expression my sister created, so I must credit her for the line.

Then you could play stuff like Thunderstruck or other similar classic, hard rock songs, at least a few. Thunderstruck is a good "pump up" song, so it can either be a "Hell yeah, we kicked their asses," kind of song, or a song to pump everyone up for next week if you lose. You don't live in PA, so you won't be playing my high school, so I hope it's a "Hell yeah, we kicked their asses," kind of song.

Scorpions' Rock You Like a Hurricane is another "pump up" song. You can change "bitch" in the verse to "witch" and get away with it.

Why I didn't think of Guns N Roses is a mystery for me. Welcome to the Jungle would be great to play as well.

I appreciate your response, but we're just not too into that kind of music, but I'll throw out the idea and see what goes down!
^(Nazo) Play that if you guys lose.

Quote by guitarkid2113
I appreciate your response, but we're just not too into that kind of music, but I'll throw out the idea and see what goes down!
You're going to play two Blink 182 songs and then dismiss all other 90s and early 00s rock?
Last edited by bangoodcharlote at Oct 11, 2008,
Quote by Under_The_Oath
Starlight by Muse. Oh yes please.

And Smells Like Teen Spirit can't hurt either :P

Smell's Like Teen Spirit definitely. And for Muse, I'd say Plug in Baby or Supermassive black hole or knights of Cydonia, maybe Hyper Music if people like that kinda stuff where you are. Maybe New Born, that one's fast, and you can do the microphone fiend jam at the end too.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^(Nazo) Play that if you guys lose.

You're going to play two Blink 182 songs and then dismiss all other 90s and early 00s rock?

No, I meant more of the Guns and Roses thing.
Love in an Elevator!

P.S. I'm a womanfolk! : )
sraeb

Quote by Trefellin
Show me your erection or gtfo... please.
I'm curious to ask all of you... do you think it possible to perform Is This Love well with a four piece band? Two guitars, bass, and drums. I might trade off on a keyboard or something while playing guitar...

Thoughts?
You guys shouldn't do FCPREMIX unless you do it REALLY good, if that song is done bad, its really bad... Mainly the middle part, everything just goes to hell because its tough to keep together with your bandmates in that part, weird timing, all the delay and crap. The breakdown part is easy, but the part after the second chorus is evil.
bloodmeat by protest the hero
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Quote by MadAudioMan
You guys shouldn't do FCPREMIX unless you do it REALLY good, if that song is done bad, its really bad... Mainly the middle part, everything just goes to hell because its tough to keep together with your bandmates in that part, weird timing, all the delay and crap. The breakdown part is easy, but the part after the second chorus is evil.

Yeah, we figured that out after the first two run thrus. But we cut down on some of the parts before the breakdown and we do it pretty well. It's kinda cheating, but at the same time, not... cause it still sounds awesome. I hope.
Our final setlist is as follows!

Badfish- Sublime
Going Away to College- Blink 182
(acoustic guitar duet thing)
Letters to God- Box Car Racer
Garden Grove- Sublime
Minor Thing- Red Hot Chili Peppers
Down- Blink 182
Can't Stop- Red Hot Chili Peppers
FCPREMIX- Fall of Troy
Sorry

The show is in two days and we can't even practice Minor Thing and Can't Stop until tomorrow and the show is Friday!

Wish us luck!

There will probably be videos of the show on youtube or facebook which I will put links to!
Set list is set in stone. No more suggestions... but that is a good song I must say. I love playing it!

If anyone has suggestions on nerve breaking exercises or how to get the crowd pumped up and such, that's welcome!