The other day I was in my Spanish class talking to some of my friends. I was joking around with one of the kids telling him "remember that day you wore that Fall Out Boy shirt to school and said they had more talent then Zeppelin?" (He was joking BTW.) So we were all laughing and this other kid who was sitting with us, we dont know why he talks to us really, thinks the kid was serious and starts up with "dude, f*ck you, you don't know real music. Listen to bands like As I Lay Dying, Opeth and Van Halen."

So the kid jokingly says "shut your mouth, none of you know real music and the power of Fall Out Boy." And the other kid replies with, "yeah we would know. Me and Dan (my name) are rockers." I stopped laughing and gave him a look and said "I have never once described myself in that way seeing as I DONT want to sound like a poser." And he left.

So short story shorter, have you ever used the word "rocker" to describe yourself?
by worrying about sounding like a poser you are a poser. I don't even know what Fall Out Boy is. I would have punched him in the mouth and then hit him again and said, "That one was for Lemmy".
No, I'm not an idiot.

Also, I listen to more than one genre of music.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Last edited by break-me-in at Oct 11, 2008,
Some gangsta guy at college the other day asked me if I was a rocker, so I said yes (I couldn't be bothered trying to say anything else).
No, I hate that ****ing word and I wouldn't be able to say it seriously.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
my 30 something dt teacher described herself as a rocker, which makes the word even more terrible
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Only when I'm drunk/trying to pick up (badly)

Social stereotypes, groups and prescriptions are lame and for 12 year olds. lrn2realworld
No, man. It's all about declaring yourself a "****ing rockstar". Rocker is a half word. No use.

COLONEL! WHAT'S A RUSSION GUNSHIP DOING HERE?!
Never.

Never ever.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
have you ever used the words douche bag to describe yourself
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
I don't get it...The kid you refer to seems to be more than one person...
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by whalepudding
No, I hate that ****ing word and I wouldn't be able to say it seriously.

This.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
i have to call myself a rocker as there no other description that will suit me.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
After a gig once, these two kids were trying to smoke me out. I politely declined and then one of the guys says, what kind of rocker doesnt party eh? I just lost it laughed and for a good 3 minutes.
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
People that label themselves really irritate me, I wouldn't care if anyone said I was a "rocker" but I wouldn't tell people that's what I was
I cringe every time I hear someone describe themselves or someone else as a "rocker". Ugh, I even hate typing it.
No and it annoys me when other people use these words to describe me:

1.)Rocker
2.)Mosher(as if it were some kind of sport)
and 3.)Grunger(I don't even listen to grunge)

I don't mind:
1.)Headbanger
2.)Metalhead
3.)That long-haired guy
He who knows all, knows nothing in the eye of a imbecile.
Only when I pretend I'm Billy Idol.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
As I Lay Dying mentioned with VH and Opeth? I'm a fan of AILD but they shouldn't have been compared to those two.

Anyway I would never call myself a "rocker", I prefer musician.
"I'm sick of following my dreams man. I'm just ask where they're going, and hook up with them later."
Last edited by Six_One_Zipp at Oct 11, 2008,
"I'm a Rocker"

Good AC/DC song. No, I've never said I was that, but I wouldn't find it insulting if I was. I'm one of the only rock guitarists in my school.
Well seeing as my favourite bands are Deep Purple, Led Zep and GNR, I'm pretty honoured if people call me a rocker after a gig.

It doesn't really have a negative meaning over here.
Military use of children?

Infantry.
Yes read my motto above my avatar, but I prefer Surfer.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Last edited by lespaul#1 at Oct 11, 2008,
Quote by hugh20
i have to call myself a rocker as there no other description that will suit me.

Then go and get a personality.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
Then go and get a personality.

This.
When people label themselves things like "Headbanger, emo, metalhead, grunger" it makes those people look like they have no knowledge in anything but the music they listen to, imo.
Quote by VoodooChild15
Only when I pretend I'm Billy Idol.

Ah good I'm not the only one.

Seriously though, I don't use it as a description but it's what I call my mates if you get me.

Eg. "Hiya rocker, you alright?" and so forth, something alot of us do back in Yorkshire.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
If anybody asks me anything like "ARE YOO A GOFF M8?" I reply with "Nah I'm so gangstuh aiiight".

Commence confusion. Booyah.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
No, seeing as jazz artists don't usually rock.

I'd say I'm a swinger, but that has certain other connotations with it that I do not wish to associate myself with.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Quote by Underjoggle

I'd say I'm a swinger, but that has certain other connotations with it that I do not wish to associate myself with.

Yeah swing music has had a bad effect on the name of us good swingers.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know