I usually don't swing towards poppy, electronic stuff, but I think MGMT have some real talent. Anyway, do you guys know of any other good electronica bands that aren't too experimental?

Cheers!
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Ahh, they really remind me of some 80's/90's synthpop I've heard. Sadly I can't actually think of the names.

Maybe look up if they've ever listed influences?
I hear they're influenced by Suicide and Hall and Oates. They do seem like a semi-comical version of a psychedelic band and one could swear they were from the 1960s. I mean, their songs are very trippy. They could be considered modern psychedelia and an instantly classic band.
^ I actually saw them really recently live, and they sounded really good. I think they've been refining their live sound as they've been touring.

I've alays thought that MGMT and Mates of State have a pretty similar sound for some reason, the latter being a bit more lo-fi though. I'd say that Of Montreal are very much in the same vein as MGMT as well, but overall they are quite the unique group.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I agree with you snipelfritz^^^^^^^

I wasn't really into them til I saw them live. They were actually really impressive..
If you get the latest issue of Spin (MGMT is on the cover) they have 8 or 10 bands who are pretty similar towards them.
I Return to Serenity

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music."
- Aldous Huxley
Quote by #_of_the_beast
If you get the latest issue of Spin (MGMT is on the cover) they have 8 or 10 bands who are pretty similar towards them.

i don't think that any of the bands they listed really sound that much like them, at least none that i remember...

i can't really think of any other bands that have that electro-psych sound, but that might just be because i am bored of mgmt.
There album is ace, chills me out and cheers me up, a small UK band called 'Golden Silvers' have the same kinda sound
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Saw them live with Radiohead, they were pretty disappointing, but the first half of their album is excellent. Second half not so good, but some good solid tracks as a whole.

You should have a look at Maps, they're a different kind of electronica really, less poppy. More like something between Kid A-era Radiohead and MGMT.

Maps: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XR-ijmbaoQ8
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AJgtYk5Pd9M
I'm so adjective, I verb nouns.
They actually seemed really good for the last 10 minutes of their set i saw at reading festival. Had very low expectations after seeing them on tv in glastonbury. The singers voice was so weak. I guess they've been working on their live show though.
Hot Chip, some Of Montreal and David Bowie

theyre a pretty unique band so finding others that are really similar isnt easy
Air France

Air France

Look for 'No Excuses' or 'Collapsing on your Doorstep'

Look for their EP really if you can, its fantastic
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Hot Chip
The Juan Maclean
Cut Copy
Simian Mobile Disco
Justice

Hot chip are good.
I went on their myspace and just clicked around in their top friends awhile ago. I got a couple that sounded like them. I remember the band Amazing Baby was one of the bands mentioned in the Spin article