Page 1 of 2
So the other day i was walking to my friends and as i passed a group of chavy kids my age they noticed my long hair and converses and called me a 'f***ing emo'.
I'm not the emo type to be honest, i listen to emo bands but i dont have black hair and i'm not depressed. Does anyone else get called an emo or 'mosher' by 'chavs'?
For Americans a chav

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Last edited by hugh20 at Oct 11, 2008,
Chavs are scum of the earth and there's no real point in talking about their stupid habits. Just walk away and never talk about them. You're complaining about a minor incident so tbh, you may as well be deemed an emo.

Quote by ThinLizzyFan
say "atleast im not on the doll and i dont live in a council house"

that normally shoots em down

Don't use stereotypes. Not all chavs live in Council houses and it follows that not all people who live in council houses are chavs. Don't be so insensitive.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Oct 11, 2008,
oh noes
Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by bass-boy-garith
well done mr. kiss my bass, well done
Well, judging from your picture, a chav is a whole group of people? And you passed a GROUP of chavs. So, in essence, you had a group of groups of people calling you emo. Dude, that's enough to turn any grown man emo.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
You don't listen to emo bands at all.
Today's emo =/= real emo.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
Get over it.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
the prats in that picture have probably seen half a cig stubbed on the floor and are considering getting it. just remember that whatever you are, you arent as low as them.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
No, I've never been called an emo by chavs as I walk past them, but I usually try to avoid them. What really pisses me off is that most people don't have a ****ing clue what an emo really is. Just the other day a friend (well, sort of) asked me "Are you an emo?" And honestly I DO NOT act emo, I am nearly always a nice jolly person, not emo at all. People just seem to think that you can call someone emo just based on how they dress, which really pisses me of.
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
say "atleast im not on the doll and i dont live in a council house"

that normally shoots em down

if it dont just headbut them in the chest, kind of like a zidane one
Last edited by ThinLizzyFan at Oct 11, 2008,
Quote by dan ramP
the prats in that picture have probably seen half a cig stubbed on the floor and are considering getting it. just remember that whatever you are, you arent as low as them.

nah, if they looked at the camera they would need their faces blurred
Quote by imdeth
Get called Emo and mosher every day nearly I just pelvic thrust and destroy their faces.

Like this?
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
All these other Slim Shady's are just imitators.
"I'm sick of following my dreams man. I'm just ask where they're going, and hook up with them later."
Quote by Ovenman
You don't listen to emo bands at all.
Today's emo =/= real emo.

this x6814768494+infinty
I r Pirate!
so chavs are basically border line wiggers?
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
Quote by Deliriumbassist
oh boohoo, someone called you emo... suck it up and grow a pair.

Not just emo, a fucking emo
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by angus is god

That was good 'nuff for a laugh.
Quote by imdeth
Get called Emo and mosher every day nearly I just pelvic thrust and destroy their faces.

Now i can see how you get those awesome sigs.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Quote by angus is god

pretty much.

a few chavs at my college have taken to wearing these jackets that look like their made out of binliners.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer

Yes, all emos are depressed, and you're evidently one of them aka SHUSH YOU FOOL. SHUT UP STEREOTYPING. GO AWAY. SHUSH. Graaggghhh.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
wtf is an emo? is a chav like a frat kid?

you should have walked up to him and beat his ass instead of crying online
If you judge people, don't fucking bitch about it when you get judged in return.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
If you judge people, don't fucking bitch about it when you get judged in return.

fine, i get it, you dont have to post in size 7.

Quote by Spoonman69
Quote by hugh20

It's size 5, you monumental tit.

This is size 7.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by hugh20

1. It was size 5.

2. Maybe he needed to post on size 5 for you to get it.

EDIT: Dammit, late again.
Quote by Karvid
Well, judging from your picture, a chav is a whole group of people? And you passed a GROUP of chavs. So, in essence, you had a group of groups of people calling you emo. Dude, that's enough to turn any grown man emo.

No, a chav is a single person, the picture is of several chavs sitting on a fence, a place they usually enjoy perching, much like a pidgeon, funnily enough, pidgeons are also considered vermin.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
I think the chav problem is dieing down a bit, or maybe its cos im getting older and there less scary, theres still gangs of idiots.. but its not as big a problem around here
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
wow, this is now a flame thread against me.

Quote by Spoonman69
Quote by ViperScale
you listen to emo you are emo!

I no lol!

'Emo' is more about the way you act, not the music you listen to. I wear skinnies, I have a floppy black fringe and I listen to a little screamo, but I wouldn't say I'm an emo because I'm generally a fairly happy person.
emo means gay homosexual. i found this online.

Some pointers about emo fashions (above simple, universal hardcore attire)

* the Emo Romulan look - short, thick, greasy, dyed-black hair with bangs cut straight across the forehead, and cut high over the ears. Someone from Time In Malta recently described to me the San Diego Crimson Curse scene as "Spock Rock."
* actually, any greasy dyed black hair. Bangs in front and spikes in back is very emo too.
* horn-rim glasses, or at least thick black frames.
* bald head, furry face (boys only). Goes especially well with horn-rims.
* heavy slacks, often too tight and short.
* thin, too-small polyester button-ups in dark colors, or threadbare children's size t-shirts with random slogans. Button the collar if you got one.
* clunky black shoes
* scarves
* gas station jackets. This has diffused a lot over the years though, it's no longer exclusive to emo kids. Nowadays, you may want to select a nice corduroy denim jacket.
* also classic outerwear but quickly diffusing to normality: the famous Blue Peacoat
* barrettes on boys
* make-up (male or female)
* too-small cardigans and v-neck sweaters
* argyle
* anorexic thinness. Veganism helps here.
Quote by SenorSmiley
emo means gay homosexual. i found this online.

It must be true then.

Quote by Tom_hatton
I no lol!

'Emo' is more about the way you act, not the music you listen to. I wear skinnies, I have a floppy black fringe and I listen to a little screamo, but I wouldn't say I'm an emo because I'm generally a fairly happy person.

I always thought it was about the clothing so you're saying if you're a depressed self harming dude then you're automatically emo? Ah you're saying that the clothing and depressive attitude combined is what makes emo?
it's not as if those certain people could point out the differences between 'emo' and 'metal' music anyway. they just think of any word to throw at you related to music with guitars in.
Page 1 of 2