Ok well I have a CRATE GT1200H (its decent for the price) and I am getting this http://www.zzounds.com/item--ESPMH400
I know that solid state amps usually arent good with active pickups, but I read that the wattage between the two is fairly different and I was wondering if 120 watts of solid state would maybe at least work with that guitars EMG 81/85 set.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by RockGuitar92

I know that solid state amps usually arent good with active pickups, but I read that the wattage between the two is fairly different and I was wondering if 120 watts of solid state would maybe at least work with that guitars EMG 81/85 set.

they will still sound really bad, and make your tone worse then it is. Sorry to be so rude about saying this, but i don't really think you want to run active pups through that amp...
i used emg's through that amp for quite a while... don't do it. it just makes the amp fizzier and buzzier.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
yeah probably. Well i might still get the guitar. I am gonna try to get a new amp soon.
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
yeah... definitely get a new amp.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by Ghold125

they will still sound really bad, and make your tone worse then it is. Sorry to be so rude about saying this, but i don't really think you want to run active pups through that amp...

hmm... that's weird, because i KNOW he doesn't want to run active pups through a SS.

TS, if you want active pups, get a new amp first. THEN save up for a guitar.
O O

___
^ he assumed that because the wattage is so high on the amp, it wouldn't sound that bad.

but yeah i agree... new amp should really be first.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

eh well i need a new guitar more. my other ones kinda turned into crap. plus this guitar is gonna be a gift. the amp i just got about a year ago. im saving money for a new amp and i was gonna get a tube amp next anyway.

eh hopefully the tone wont suck so hardcore as everyone makes it seem. ive heard some recordings of people playing that guitar through a solid state amp and it wasnt that all bad.
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
yeah, it's not gonna be THAT bad, but it's no tube amp.

But if you want to get it in this order, go ahead. Just as long as you get a tube amp for those active pups.
O O

___
well thanks for everyones help.
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid