Hi all, i currently play an Ibanez RG350DX and i want to get another guitar so that i can play drop tunings without messing with my locking trem. I want to get the Schecter Diamond 006 Extreme coz i'm on a £300 budget for a present. Does anybody know if this guitar plays similarly, i want a thin neck guitar as i play mostly metal. I would have prefared a set neck guitar but on my budget i'd find it hard to find one i want. I did own a PRS SE my only set neck guitar.
The Schecter's neck will be quite a bit thicker. Probably not too thick, but it's no RG. And if you're looking for a set neck, the cheapest set neck Schecter is (I believe) the Lady Luck, which is $450.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Do you know if the neck is thicker than an epiphone les paul standard as i was hoping for thinner than that
I believe it's thinner than that, but not by much.

EDIT: But neck sizes vary even within the same brand and series, so you should really test it. For instance my C-1 has a thicker neck than my Avenger, but both are Hellraisers.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.