Hey,

I'm using Nuendo 3 and a quality USB-microphone. Everything was fine but suddenly Nuendo doesn't detect the microphone anymore. It is listed in the Asio Multimedia setup and I'm able to record with the standard microsoft audiorecorder.
Does anyone know what could be the problem?
i know that $2000 software came with a manual...Fn read it..or contact steinberg...you paid for it which entitles you to FREE support.

I saw the thread title, and the "last response by" and just knew...

Yeah, I find it funny too that people will spend $2000 on software and don't have the gear or prior background knowledge to go with it.

You'll make *way* better recordings with a $2000 microphone and some know-how and free software than you will with a USB mic, limited know-how and Nuendo.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
If you have to pay $2000 for Nuendo I'm sorry. I bought it for 500 euros and the mic for another 250. Anyway I have fixed it. Thanks for your help...

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

I've got an older version Nuendo 3, which I bought when the upgrade Nuendo 4 had already been released.
I still stick by what i said......read the damn manual. If i paid that kinda money (even 500 euros) i would damn well be reading the manual or contacting steinberg before i ever dreamt of the "internet forums" for help....exception being, Cubase.Net.
Seriously, yes.... cubase.net is hands-down and miles away the best site on the net for your Cubase/Nuendo problems. People who work for Steinberg are there, (even people responsible for writing the code) as are people who use their products professionally, who have for years, in fact, and know the program inside out.

However, they expect some effort from you. Questions like these will be answered the way I often answer them.

"The manual explains this more clearly and in more detail than I could in a fairly quick post. There are graphics and screen shots and everything. Which part of the instructions seem to be giving you difficulty?"

CT

Lately I found out how to solve the problem.
I'm not an upcoming deputy like the ones above who suspect everybody of crime! You totally s...!

Here's what you have to do:
-Start Nuendo and plug out the mic.
-It will say that something has changed and asks you if you want to get it checked
-Say "no" and plug in the mic again.

Now it should work. Maybe you have to adjust the volume of your mic again because it has been plugged out.