hey guys, i wasn't sure if this was the right place and i didnt find anything else with the search bar.

i'll be leaving for basic training in a few days and i was wondering what i should do with my guitars. two of them have LFR's and i was wondering if i should do anything special with them so they don't warp or something. like removing the strings and the springs.

i also have a fixed bridge guitar and i was wondering if i should worry about that too.

basic is about 6.5 weeks long and then i go to tech school after that which can last up to 30 weeks. i might have one of them shipped down to me after basic. probably the fixed bridge one.

thanks guys!

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.

Quote by DkassBTU
fly ass ******s wearin my hat

hahahahaha
Leave them strung up to pitch, in the most stable environment you can find.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
i would put them in a cool, dry place thats not too dusty. if you have cases for the guitars, put em in there. the main thing to worry about is humidity. it will warp the wood. they might get a lil dusty. but i wouldnt worry about rust or anything too serious.

EDIT: good luck in training bud
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
You don't need to take the strings off, you just need to loosen the tension ( I.E. Detune it)

You should probably unhook the springs but I never really did that when I traveled. Put a lot of padding in your cases, your guitars will be thrown around like a dollar bill at a strip club. Airplane companies don't really care about that fragile sticker on the box.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Absent Mind
Leave them strung up to pitch, in the most stable environment you can find.

No.
Do not leave it strung to pitch, detune it, maybe a step down, if you're storing it, it'll lessen the tension on the neck, from it lying down for ages. Though you'll more than likely have to adjust the truss rod/bridge once you come back and wanna play 'em
ok so detune them and put them in cases which are in non-humid environments.

alright thanks guys. is there anything else?

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.

Quote by DkassBTU
fly ass ******s wearin my hat

hahahahaha