Scale length wouldnt work
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
piccolo bass= is a bass tuned an octave higher.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by NotSoAirJordan
Would it work almost as good as a piccolo bass, or would my pickups make it too muddy?

If the strings are designed to fit on the scale length then yes, they would.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by ScottB.
piccolo bass= is a bass tuned an octave higher.

isnt that a guitar?
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
How many strings does a guitar have?^
Quote by guitarhero_764

Quote by ScottB.
How many strings does a guitar have?^

well my guitar is normally anywhere between 4 and 6

you play a 4 string guitar? wouldn't that be a piccolo bass with (i'm assuming) guitar pickups??
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Quote by Vampire 255
isnt that a guitar?

not really - i cant say i know much about piccolo basses, but from what i know, theyre still designed like normal basses - same electronics and model design, ect. - just different scale length and string thickness. It still plays a "bassy-er" note than anything in the same octave on guitar would sound like, the lowest note on a piccolo bass is the equivalent of the E (7th fret) on the A string of a bass.

A common misconception is that basses are just long guitars with big strings, but they are very different in a lot of ways in terms of design, electronics, yada yada so on and so on. So piccolo or not, playing the same note in the same octave on a bass to that note on a guitar, is not going to sound exactly the same. (Cliff Burton critics may beg to differ though )
Quote by kugelspot
you play a 4 string guitar? wouldn't that be a piccolo bass with (i'm assuming) guitar pickups??

i break 2 many strings

Quote by CBurtonIsKing
not really - i cant say i know much about piccolo basses, but from what i know, theyre still designed like normal basses - same electronics and model design, ect. - just different scale length and string thickness. It still plays a "bassy-er" note than anything in the same octave on guitar would sound like, the lowest note on a piccolo bass is the equivalent of the E (7th fret) on the A string of a bass.

A common misconception is that basses are just long guitars with big strings, but they are very different in a lot of ways in terms of design, electronics, yada yada so on and so on. So piccolo or not, playing the same note in the same octave on a bass to that note on a guitar, is not going to sound exactly the same. (Cliff Burton critics may beg to differ though )
Yea, Cliff didn't treat his bass like a bass. He treated it as a guitar tuned an octave lower with four strings. This was emphasized by his use of the Big Muff. Big Muff+Bass Guitar(assuming there's not biamping)=
Fender FSR Standard Jazz Bass(Sapphire Blue finish!!)
Squier VM TB Bass
Squier Precision Bass(heavily modified)
Behringer 180 Watt Combo<--My EQ pedal made this sound decent O_o until I get my Gallien-Krueger half stack
This thread sucks.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
This thread sucks.

was there any point in that?

Quote by FenderAmpeg93
Yea, Cliff didn't treat his bass like a bass. He treated it as a guitar tuned an octave lower with four strings. This was emphasized by his use of the Big Muff. Big Muff+Bass Guitar(assuming there's not biamping)=

But why?

I thought it would sound kinda cool.
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
Quote by ZaccB
But why?

I thought it would sound kinda cool.

ye, im with this guy

y is it bad?

Quote by Vampire 255
ye, im with this guy

y is it bad?

Unless he was playing in the very upper registers, he had no power to cut through a mix. His combination of it with a guitar wah (his model doesn't cut much low end, but combines with a Big Muff, it cuts a lot). means that he effectively became another guitar, rendering it useless for anything but higher register soloing.

Now, if that's what you want to do with a distortion and wah, it sounds great. But as soon as you want to play lower down and still retain low end, you need a bass pedal and/or blending.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by watchingmefall
The timbre is not the same.

oh kk

Quote by gm jack
Unless he was playing in the very upper registers, he had no power to cut through a mix. His combination of it with a guitar wah (his model doesn't cut much low end, but combines with a Big Muff, it cuts a lot). means that he effectively became another guitar, rendering it useless for anything but higher register soloing.

Now, if that's what you want to do with a distortion and wah, it sounds great. But as soon as you want to play lower down and still retain low end, you need a bass pedal and/or blending.

i thought he only used the big muff and wah when he was doing high registered solo'ing?

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Timbre. It's all if timbre.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410