I have a strat copy which I recently refinished. I had bought it off ebay, and the selector switch had snapped at the screw. I bought a new one, and have soldered it on. It's not perfect, but ok. Trouble is, now when I plug the guitar in, it is close to inaudible, and makes a very loud hum. This has nothing to do with the amp or cable as a nother guitar works fine. To even slightly hear the guitar, the volume and gain have to be at ten, and i have to use a pedal as a volume boost.

tl;dr my guitar is really quiet after installing a new switch.

why might this be? is it gonna be dead hard to fix?
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Quote by Hereiwas
I have a strat copy which I recently refinished. I had bought it off ebay, and the selector switch had snapped at the screw. I bought a new one, and have soldered it on. It's not perfect, but ok. Trouble is, now when I plug the guitar in, it is close to inaudible, and makes a very loud hum. This has nothing to do with the amp or cable as a nother guitar works fine. To even slightly hear the guitar, the volume and gain have to be at ten, and i have to use a pedal as a volume boost.

tl;dr my guitar is really quiet after installing a new switch.

why might this be? is it gonna be dead hard to fix?

What?
Check your connections. You may have soldered something, but not had the wires connect properly.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
sounds like its not grounded properly
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.