my first 10+ minute song. To Bid You Farewell by Opeth. I heard the bass line when I first started playing, and I've always wanted to learn it. So I sat down the other day taught myself some of it, and finally learned all of it last night. If I had a cam I'd post a video, but I'm poor...

Anywho, name some of your milestones in music, or just stuff you're proud you can tell people you can play.

Oh, also, I'm seeing Opeth on Monday. Anybody else seen them on their current tour?
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."
-Frank Zappa

"Where words fail, music speaks."
-Hans Christian Andersen
One of my milestones was when I finally learned how to sweep, more or less.
My next milestone is to join a band.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
John5's Damaged. I first tried to learn it when I was a freshman in college because ... I loved it. I learned the intro and never picked it up again. About 8 months ago, I decided to finish learning the song. Even now, I haven't mastered it because I am not that great at the guitar, but that is the one song I always play when I pick up the guitar.

My next 'milestone' is I am currently learning Still Got the Blues by Gary Moore and I'm doing quite well.
Heh, my actual achievements so far include learning twinkle twinkle little star, and the opening few bars from Aint Talkin Bout Love, Sweet Child O' Mine, Plug in Baby and Crazy Train.

Yes I suck
I am....making progress...
When I first touched a guitar( a Fender strat, was 5 years old).
My first erection
Quote by Froboarder

That's one of my milestones as well. The first song that I got down that was 10+ minutes was "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" by Iron Maiden.
I can play the tin whistle from Cruachan's Meave's March all the way through with only a few mistakes.

That's it.
Quote by Froboarder
My next milestone is to join a band.

+1 on the sweeping.

I'd say every time I learn a protest the hero song in its entirety, I feel like I've reached a milestone.
ALL of Crazy Train.
Trying to master Randy Rhoads is tough.
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
Quote by BlindSilence917
my first 10+ minute song. To Bid You Farewell by Opeth. I heard the bass line when I first started playing, and I've always wanted to learn it. So I sat down the other day taught myself some of it, and finally learned all of it last night. If I had a cam I'd post a video, but I'm poor...

Anywho, name some of your milestones in music, or just stuff you're proud you can tell people you can play.

Oh, also, I'm seeing Opeth on Monday. Anybody else seen them on their current tour?
Awesome dude. Congrats.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
one of my milestones was when i finally started being able to learn songs by ear instead of lookin up tabs. every time i figure out a riff i feel fairly proud of myself
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
ants of the sky - between the buried and me.
after i learned that i pretty much just played that each time i picked up the guitar for about an hour and nothing else for about a month.
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
when i learned the tornado of souls solo. it isn't the most technical thing ever, but it is quite awesome
when i achieved "my" perfect sound, that makes me feel in awe every time i played.

today i started learning cliffs of dover. it's going pretty well - and i haven't learnt a whole song for a very long time. i have tried before, failed, but this time i feel i can keep going and i've started really well so far.
Quote by metaldud536
One of my milestones was when I beat the Elite Four at the age of 9/10.

Daaaaamn
my latest milestone is either becoming proficient at sweeping, or learning The Thinking Machine by Vinnie Moore in its entirety
When I learned my first Who song on bass.
All your base are belong to us.
congrats, i love that song.

i basically suck at guitar. But i felt pretty cool when i learned the first half of Freya
I've got the first 6 minutes of BTBAM's Sun Of Nothing down And a little bit of White Walls.

Wait...Nimrod, you just HAD to one-up me, didn't you?
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
When I first learned how to sing and play guitar at the same time. I was freaked out when I found myself singing while playing Fix You by Coldplay on my acoustic (my own full version (where I actually play the piano line as well), not the crappy youtube version where the guy just strums chords).

But anyways, my next milestone is to learn all of music theory, and then my next milestone will be to create a full song that actually sounds good, and then my next milestone will be to join a band...
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.
Hmm, when i learnt my first solo, that was cool. Think it was Brother by Alice in chains.
And when i learnt To Bid You Farewell on guitar as well! When I learnt my first sweep patterns. When I found out how to build up arpeggios and scales and stuff like that by myself, and when i learn a scale from frets 0-12, that's always good.
Quote by BlindSilence917

Yes. They were awesome, was my first time seeing them, loved it.

They played 'Bleak', my very almost favourite song by them, too! So quids in!

The other day, I managed to make it all the way through the sweep picking in selkies by BTBAM without screwing up....at a lower tempo, but still! Felt great.
Quote by SchecterC-1+Man
I've got the first 6 minutes of BTBAM's Sun Of Nothing down And a little bit of White Walls.

Wait...Nimrod, you just HAD to one-up me, didn't you?

sorry

*pat pat* there there
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
I decently learned Soothsayer by Buckethead in a month and a half's time. That was something I was really proud of.
I'm seeing Opeth soon, when they come by Cincy, on topic tho' I've never learned a song all the way through despite playing for quite some time now I just don't like other peoples music as much.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
One of my milestones was when I learnt the solo to One, I was like "Hell yeah, tapping motherfucker."

And I'm going to see Opeth in November supported by Cynic and The Ocean at the Shepherd's Bush Empire for which I have a spare ticket if anyone wants to buy it...
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by z3g3b1b1
I decently learned Soothsayer by Buckethead in a month and a half's time. That was something I was really proud of.
mp3 or bullshit. I'm curious. I'd love to learn the song. It's my favorite.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥