My mates have all bought tickets for Megadeth, Judas Priest and Testament all at Wembley Arena and my dad said I could go.

I was just confirming if it was still ok to buy the ticket with him tonight when he turned around and said no, because I'm only 16 and it's too dangerous because of mosh pits.

I have never been to a metal gig before as I know he would say that sort of thing but I think 16 is a reasonable age to see one of these type of shows.

So all you pit dwellers, how should I go about showing him it's not as bad as it seems? (unless it is in which case please tell me)
Just tell your dad to stop being an overprotective father.

Mosh pits are beyond fun. I've seen all of those bands, the mosh pits are insane.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by metaldud536
Tell him you will carry 6 pokemon to protect you. Show them to him when you tell him this.

But I cant find my copy of Pokemon blue!
Quote by metaldud536
Tell him you will carry 6 pokemon to protect you. Show them to him when you tell him this.

every ****ing time!

Show him footage of a lifeless gig by a metal band?
Quote by metaldud536

I missed that.....

It's not that bad when talking about those bands. It's not a hardcore show where people go to beat the crap out of each other. Try talking to him about it if that's his concern.
The mosh pit is fine... It won't be nearly as bad as he apparently thinks it will.

Tell him you will be surrounded by your friends and no one will get near you (protection). Also lie some of your older buddies (if you have any) are going to go as well and will make sure your balls are intact when you leave the concert.

But grats on the tickets
Quote by MH_Worshipper
My mates have all bought tickets for Megadeth, Judas Priest and Testament all at Wembley Arena and my dad said I could go.

I was just confirming if it was still ok to buy the ticket with him tonight when he turned around and said no, because I'm only 16 and it's too dangerous because of mosh pits.

I have never been to a metal gig before as I know he would say that sort of thing but I think 16 is a reasonable age to see one of these type of shows.

So all you pit dwellers, how should I go about showing him it's not as bad as it seems? (unless it is in which case please tell me)

Show him this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLUCFXcK0Oc

Maybe he'll want to go instead.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Quote by MH_Worshipper

Find out if it's standing or sitting, if it's sitting there can't be any mosh pits.
i had the same problem. i just said i wouldnt mosh and my parents were like "k, koo"
yell him the mosh pits are at the front and if you dont go near them you will be fine,

also i'm cooler than you cus my dad used to drop me and my friends off at gigs when we were like 13 and wait around for us to finish then take us home, he was cool like that, maybe I should send my dad round to yours so he can kick your dads ass for being such a fag
pink floyd are better than you
you can tell him that people have died in mosh pits before. that'll help your case...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
you'll be alright as long as you dress head-to-toe in metallica clothes and scream "Play enter sandman!" repeatedly at Dave Mustaine.
Quote by Guitarlord44
hotpocketbandit, dude you are the ****ING MAN!!!!

Quote by Zolom
GIVE THIS PERSON A ****ING MEDAL!
Wait, was it in a Bruce Dickinson voice? If so...Medal. If not...congratulatory ham.
just go anyway. I just went to the Children of Bodom show with Testament, Between the Buried and Me, and The Black Dahlia Murder, and there was this 12 year old kid who was only as tall as my shoulders ( i'm 5' 9" ). He was fine even though the people were crazy. You don't have to talk part in the mosh pits. When they open up just move away from them if you want.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
ive been to megadeth, and the mosh pits are quite intense

but unless your whole city is on meth, then its not really dangerous at all. People should help you up if you fall, other than that its super hardcore.

IMO i would bring a mouthguard. I chipped my tooth when i bashed heads with this huge bald guy moshing to Job For a Cowboy there at gigantour.

PS tell your dad that your dream is to see Brodericks 8 finger tapping solo

PPS if any emos are hardcore dancing there, punch them.

PPPS if you are emo, then the risk of injury is considerably higher.
Quote by syds-sanity
yell him the mosh pits are at the front and if you dont go near them you will be fine,

also i'm cooler than you cus my dad used to drop me and my friends off at gigs when we were like 13 and wait around for us to finish then take us home, he was cool like that, maybe I should send my dad round to yours so he can kick your dads ass for being such a fag

"my dad is better" arguments ended in elementary school dude.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
^lol good idea... Well most pits I've been in are like this... You're gonna get beat up, but there isn't much real danger. The point is to have fun, not kill each other. Generally people help others out if they fall or really want out, so it's not that bad. I can't see a Judas Priest mosh pit anyway... not they aren't amazing its just not mish material.

My third mosh pit experience EVER involved three death metal bands and a circle pit, and I made it out fine. 16 isn't that young, my 16 year old sister has moshed to Whitechapel n' stuff.
Quote by magnum1117

"my dad is better" arguments ended in elementary school dude.

YOU'RE elementary.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Quote by MH_Worshipper

Yes, but your dad doesn't. Listen mate I know how you feel, my parents can be extremely over-protective at times, and i'm 17; but at the end of the day what they say goes so long as you are under the age of 18 and living under their roof. Your dad is only looking out for you, which (believe it or not) is what they are there to do.

If you're insistent upon trying to convince him to let you go, then try and assure him you won't go anywhere near the moshpit.

But I warn you now, and please pay attention as i'm speaking from experience here....don't be to shocked when he doesn't change his mind. And for fooks sake DO NOT start screaming and shouting at him or insulting him about how it's not fair and he's too protective blah-de-blah; as again I say from experience: it will get you nowhere.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Quote by rockdude375
Yes, but your dad doesn't. Listen mate I know how you feel, my parents can be extremely over-protective at times, and i'm 17; but at the end of the day what they say goes so long as you are under the age of 18 and living under their roof. Your dad is only looking out for you, which (believe it or not) is what they are there to do.

If you're insistent upon trying to convince him to let you go, then try and assure him you won't go anywhere near the moshpit.

But I warn you now, and please pay attention as i'm speaking from experience here....don't be to shocked when he doesn't change his mind. And for fooks sake DO NOT start screaming and shouting at him or insulting him about how it's not fair and he's too protective blah-de-blah; as again I say from experience: it will get you nowhere.

Quote by Vagabond21

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
best burn ever.

and the worst part is that i don't get it...stupid english as second language

EDIT: i got it
Quote by Vagabond21

Quote by tremeloud

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Last edited by magnum1117 at Oct 11, 2008,
you claim you have never been in a pit?

you are in it right now!?

but seriously, my brother went to a rammstein concert when he was 13, you should be okay
Dude, get some new parents, I go to metal concerts since I was 13.

On topic now, promise him you won't go anywhere nearby the mosh and if he agrees really don't do it. If you get hurt you won't see a concert in the next 2 years.

Or maybe if he has a friend who is going to the concert you can stay with him. And don't care about what your friends say, I'd do ANYTHING to go to that show.

That, or the Pokemans plan
Guys! Good news, I showed my Dad clips of all three bands gigs, from the audience perspective (you know on Youtube etc.) and he agreed saying as long as I'm careful Thanks for all your help guys.
I've been in a few moshpits, and never got anything worse than a bruise or two. Mouthguard sounds like a good idea and so does sticking with friends.
My first few gigs were when I was 14. In pits and all. I'm female.

Tell your Dad he shouldn't worry
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.