EDIT: Title should say "as having", not "as a"

So, I've noticed that running my RC-20 through the effects loop makes it quieter. Which is to naturally be expected.

However, I also noticed that when I turn the line level signal on the pedal all the way up, the clean channel sounds like it is geting the half-cranked sound (kinda crunchy) around 1 and 2.5. Once ou go past it, the amp starts breaking up.

The Overdrive channel also sounds like its cranked, and sounds a lot better then without the pedal in the loop.

Is this because the pedal, when turned all the way up, is pushing the preamp tubes hard?

Or am I completely wrong?

tl;dr
My amp sounds better when the RC-20 is run through the effects loop with the line level all the way up on the pedal? Is this because it's pushing my tubes harder?
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
how loud is it?

If its in the FX loop, the pedal would be going between the preamp and the poweramp section, so it would have no effect on the preamp.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
how loud is it?

If its in the FX loop, the pedal would be going between the preamp and the poweramp section, so it would have no effect on the preamp.

The amp itself?

I keep it around 1 or 2 for my bedroom. With the pedal in the loop, it's the equivalent of about 2.75 to 3.75 w/out the pedal
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--