Korg Pitch Black Tuner
BBE Sonic Maximizer
MXR Dyna Comp

What do you guys think?

Im trying to get a Dream Theaterish type of sound
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme
Not really, its just there are so many choices,

Im really not sure of what OD, Delay or comp to get

Edit: will the BBE do much with the EQ also in the chain?
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

/killme
wylde OD is ONLY for using it with a dirty amp. use it alone and it's worthless. i think it adds the most sustain than any other OD pedal. i use the TS-9 for a bit of a gain, mid, and treble booster. dont really like how the ZW works.
and weeping demon is pretty bad too. just buy a crybaby or a Bad Horsie.
personally think you should take out the comp and BBE and put in a chorus or phaser. i like MXR too lol.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by woodsballplayer
Amp:

Randall Rg50tc

Effects: (not in order)

Ernie Ball Passive Volume Pedal
MXR Carbon Copy
MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Ibanez Weeping Demon
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band-EQ
Korg Pitch Black Tuner
BBE Sonic Maximizer
MXR Dyna Comp

What do you guys think?

Im trying to get a Dream Theaterish type of sound

i think all the other pedals would be good, but the whole toneloc series of pedals from ibanez sucks. if you want an switchless wah/spring loaded wah, go with Morley or the dunlop 95Q
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
i'd personally bin all those effects and just put it towards a better amp. what country are you in?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i'd personally bin all those effects and just put it towards a better amp. what country are you in?

My thoughts exactly.
Quote by Dave_Mc

"i saw a fail at the amp stage" - my words were going to be that......oh wait - i don't need to no! haha

cheers guys
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

agreed
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
I live in the US, the thing is that, i was planning on getting the amp for christmas along with a OD and nose gate and just use the feects on my pod, then get these pedals over time.

I think the most i can get is like 600$ of an amp this chirstmas and this one seems to fit the bill pretty good.
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

/killme
You can get a pretty good amp for 600 if you go used. I suppose you play metal?
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
yeah, i play metal, I play alot of dream theater, breaking benjamin, i like the guys tone from A7x, and the human abstract.

I dont need a stack, a 50 watt combo would be suitable for my needs
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

/killme
with 600 bucks, you get a slightly better amp than the RG50TC. if you dont mind having terrible cleans, look for a used 5150 or 6505 combo, and theres also the peavey XXX combo which has good cleans compared to the 5150. i could go on all day listing these, but its pretty easy to find them. do you have a used music shop near you? if so, it would be better to look there for used gear than on ebay. and btw, get a boss OD instead of the ZW.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Ive herd good things about the 5150, the problem is i dont have anywhere to try it out, guitar center doesnt have a used one, and most music shops Ive been to around here have little to no quality amps, its just like Line 6 spider 3 and Marshall
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

/killme
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
with 600 bucks, you get a slightly better amp than the RG50TC. if you dont mind having terrible cleans, look for a used 5150 or 6505 combo, and theres also the peavey XXX combo which has good cleans compared to the 5150. i could go on all day listing these, but its pretty easy to find them. do you have a used music shop near you? if so, it would be better to look there for used gear than on ebay. and btw, get a boss OD instead of the ZW.

I actually had to jam on a 6505 and 5150 recently for out of town gigs and they have good cleans. Get off the bandwagon buddy!
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
You sound like you want the Mesa sound considering you are playing DT and A7X

I recommend

Used Mesa F30 or F50
Used Mesa .50 caliber
Used Mesa DC-2 or DC-5

Some claim B-52s to be the poor mans recto, but I cannot atest to this as I think they are alot chunkier than rectos.
Quote by Highwaytohell
You sound like you want the Mesa sound considering you are playing DT and A7X

I recommend

Used Mesa F30 or F50
Used Mesa .50 caliber
Used Mesa DC-2 or DC-5

Some claim B-52s to be the poor mans recto, but I cannot atest to this as I think they are alot chunkier than rectos.

thanks for replying, Im not a fan of the B-52's I dont know what it is about them but i just dont like it.

Ill take those amps into consideration, its really a matter of where i can find them to try them out.

What do you think about Bugera just out of curiosity
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

/killme
How come the majority of people (that I've seen) planning new rigs think they need a "sonic maximizer" ?
These go to eleven...
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
How come the majority of people (that I've seen) planning new rigs think they need a "sonic maximizer" ?

cuz it really makes a difference have you ever heard one used on guitar? Ever since i "got" the plugin for Reaper its been a effect in every track on my recordings.
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

/killme
Bugeras are pretty nice IMHO,
Some people claim to have reliability issues within the first few days of owning them, but if you make it past a few days i'm pretty sure you'll be completely rock-solid
Quote by woodsballplayer
cuz it really makes a difference have you ever heard one used on guitar? Ever since i "got" the plugin for Reaper its been a effect in every track on my recordings.
It just seems like an EQing shortcut. I'd say as a recording tool, fair game. But in the actual guitar rig, I think that taking the time to EQ properly will work out better.
These go to eleven...
Quote by Highwaytohell
Bugeras are pretty nice IMHO,
Some people claim to have reliability issues within the first few days of owning them, but if you make it past a few days i'm pretty sure you'll be completely rock-solid

120 watts tube, thats alot, just in general. I was really looking for a new rig in general, not just for band practice. hmmm So many options

Which one would you suggest out of the 3?

It just seems like an EQing shortcut. I'd say as a recording tool, fair game. But in the actual guitar rig, I think that taking the time to EQ properly will work out better.

you maybe right, im going to have to test this out.
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

/killme
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
with 600 bucks, you get a slightly better amp than the RG50TC. if you dont mind having terrible cleans, look for a used 5150 or 6505 combo, and theres also the peavey XXX combo which has good cleans compared to the 5150. i could go on all day listing these, but its pretty easy to find them.

+1
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?