i need to download a couple songs for a school project and i need a reliable downloader which wont get me a virus. is limewire any good? suggestions?
Limewire is good if you're a not dumbass who just downloads any file he sees. I've had it for over a year, and have no viruses.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Buy them...
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
limewire get into your pc even you have limewire closes and get all the info and where you go(websites)
Quote by Colgate Total
Limewire is good if you're a not dumbass who just downloads any file he sees. I've had it for over a year, and have no viruses.

+1

Torrents are not a good idea if it's just a few songs you need, as this requires port forwarding etc and is too much work.

I suggest trying frostwire, it's limewire but it's open source, just watch the file sizes to make sure you're not getting anything dodgy. if it's over 2000kb it's generally safe, the most common virus size on limewire is 192.2kb or 228 kb. Just watch what you're downloading.
Quote by Rush Fan 06
so..basically scan anything before opening, i have virus protection, so i should be fine?

No, just look at the bit rates, and the file names. Just hover your cursor over it, and see if it shows the length, artist, genre, etc.

If it's a 4,278 kb file, and the bit rate is something ridiculous like 500 then it's probably a virus. Also, there are the files that are like "MP3," which are a bit dodgy.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
i used to have limewire but it broke so i use torrents now. limewire is really unrealiable for me but torrents download pieces from everyone who is seeding it after they downloaded it.

in other words, the more people who have downloaded the file you want to download the faster it will go.
limewire is good. just dont download those retarded things.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
you should scan a downloaded file before opening
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by ninja.kitty
get bittorrent and get torrents instead

Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by Colgate Total

Same here. My sister just informed me that her computer has spyware AGAIN, because she's one of those dumbasses. You can usually tell it's a good file if it says the album, song title, length of song, artist, ect. when you scroll over the file. Also make sure it's a realistic file size for a song, like 5000 kB, not 48 kBs. If you do this you should be perfectly fine.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Quote by kyle100
Same here. My sister just informed me that her computer has spyware AGAIN, because she's one of those dumbasses. You can usually tell it's a good file if it says the album, song title, length of song, artist, ect. when you scroll over the file. Also make sure it's a realistic file size for a song, like 5000 kB, not 48 kBs. If you do this you should be perfectly fine.

that. the fakes are like 125.5kb or something.
Limewire usually detects corrupt files, well mine does anyway, it says something like "this file is corrupt, would you like to terminate connection?" or something crazy like that.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Limewire is fuking amazing seriously, morpheus, bearshare, aries, compared to lime they are shit. seriously, lime wire is good.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Limewire will kill your computer, I crashed my old computer twice using it
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Kiffa
Limewire usually detects corrupt files, well mine does anyway, it says something like "this file is corrupt, would you like to terminate connection?" or something crazy like that.

That's most likely your antivirus program
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008