Hey guys
So i recently got the mobilepre usb interface. I'm running cables from my behringer xenyx 1204 mixer to the mobilepre then straight into the back of my PC via USB. As for software, I'm running Sonar 4 Producer Edition (cant get pro tools to work, will explain below). This set up is working just fine and I'm able to record... The only problem is the recordings sound choppy and cut up... What can i do to resolve this?

My other problem is my computer says it sees my M-Audio device yet the control station for it says it is not connected, therefore pro tools will not start

Please help me, Thanks
Last edited by GDare at Oct 11, 2008,
Update the M Audio drivers, and make sure latency isn't adjusted too low.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Why not sell your mixer and small interface and use the cash to get a used PreSonus FP10?
You would get more inputs and would not be mixing down...
I assume you are using the mixer to gain more inputs on your small interface. It works but isnt ideal.

You can probably find a used FP10 for $350

As for the choppy audio, adjust your buffers so they are low enough to get rid of latency but not too low that your audio starts to pop.

BTW the mobilepre isnt a preamp, its an interface
well my drivers are already updated...and pro tools and the mobilepre usb control panel still says its not connected, so i cant adjust anything on there

adjust the buffers where?
It's usually in Sonar itself.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

alright so i adjusted the buffers and now it sounds A LOT better

thank you very much guys

Anyone have any idea why the control panel for the mobilepre always says its not connected? I've tried all the stupid quick fixes their site recommends (reset, try diff USB ports, etc) and still nothing. Any ideas? Thanks
Look at Device manager (under Control Panel - System). If something's up, there should be a yellow exclamation point. You can usually right click and "update driver" for that, and then you follow the wizard.
Quote by keiron_d