So, I know Gilmour uses his whammy on alot of solos, and I was just wondering if there was any way to replicate the sound without a whammy bar?
If not, are there any nice and semi-easy Pink Floyd solos that don't require a whammy?
Thanks.
There was a hole here.
It's gone now.
He's only really uses his whammy as a vibrato, he's doesn't give bomb so to speak so you can simulate it with your fingers pretty much, also an easy Pink Floyd solo? hmm Wish You Were Here, right after the intro is nice to play. Just look at tabs on here.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
in a general sense, gilmour didn't write the most complex solos
Quote by init24
in a general sense, gilmour didn't write the most complex solos

...and one of the greatest, Comfortably Numb
he only uses it to add some more exagerrated vibrato when his own isn't enough. Honestly, just use stronger vibrato.
Both solos from comfortably numb are reletively easy to play (note wise) its just you will never get it to sound like Dave because of his amazing techinique. You could play every song note for note, but not come close for feel.
Quote by crossy uk
Both solos from comfortably numb are reletively easy to play (note wise) its just you will never get it to sound like Dave because of his amazing techinique. You could play every song note for note, but not come close for feel.

Thats the beauty of it, its not technical yet not easy to play at all properly like him
Quote by DSOTM80
Thats the beauty of it, its not technical yet not easy to play at all properly like him

I agree completly, such a brilliant jam track but you never come close. Its the same with his solo stuff, most tracks from 'On An Island' would sound pretty simple if anyone else played them, but theres something about his voiceing that makes it special. I guess thats why he does what he does, and I am sitting in my room, not doing it haha