So do you have any cocky/arrogant friends who play music who just constantly think they are hot shit?

My friend is a singer and a guitarist. Ever since he learned some basic scales and what not and plays them really quick on like 3 strings with pretty much no rhythm thinks hes the shit. He also thinks he is the best at singing. Like he constantly says hes really good at singing but yet he messes up his voice a lot and struggles and you try to help him out with advice and he just puts it off as shit.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
No man, I am the cocky arrogant friend.

And yes, I am indeed 'hot shit.'
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I took a hot shit this morning.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
All these threads are stupid. If they suck, they suck. There's absolutely no point in making a thread declaring that they suck. If you do, it probably means you're jealous in which I'd just say get over it.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Dude that's pretty cool. ^
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by CTFOD
I took a hot shit this morning.

Gear:
Fender Mexican Standard Strat(Sunburst, Rosewood, Custom Shop '69 pickups)
Fender Super Champ XD
EHX Big Muff Pi
Yamaha Acoustic
Alvarez Silver Anniversary Acoustic
tell him then. i cant stand people like that.

this kid in my class wont say to anyone about guitar but when it is music lessons he sais to the teacher he had done all of his grades but couldnt bring his guitar in because he has to take the bus school or some shit like that.

he is crap
Quote by n to the k

this kid in my class wont say to anyone about guitar but when it is music lessons he sais to the teacher he had done all of his grades but couldnt bring his guitar in because he has to take the bus school or some shit like that.

he is crap

I didn't even begin to understand what this is trying to say.
Quote by n to the k

he is crap

wat
Guy at my school, calls himself a punk and anarchist, but dresses and acts like a complete fecking chav (aka: wigger, jock..) He can play about two chords on his acoustic guitar, and can't even read tabs. And he thinks he's the shit, and preaches to everyone about how punk he is and how 'all the bands you like are shit' ect....

Arsehole.
USA Fender Precision w/ Badass III + SD 1/4 pounders
MIM Fender Jazz
T21 SansAmp VT Bass
Gallien Krueger MB212
A lot of my friends are cocky and arrogant, but they can back it up, so I don't really care.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
I have a friend who always claims he can play songs and shows them off to me acting like he`s superior to me, but it never sounds even close to the song he`s trying to play. A few weeks ago he told me he could play sequoia throne by protest
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Quote by RockGuitar92
So do you have any cocky/arrogant friends who play music who just constantly think they are hot shit?

My friend is a singer and a guitarist. Ever since he learned some basic scales and what not and plays them really quick on like 3 strings with pretty much no rhythm thinks hes the shit. He also thinks he is the best at singing. Like he constantly says hes really good at singing but yet he messes up his voice a lot and struggles and you try to help him out with advice and he just puts it off as shit.

Cry some moar.
I have a few friends that plays music and, actually, they are all very modest.

I am probably the most cocky of my friends.

I don't think I'm that bad about bragging. no one has ever said anything to my face atleast.
Quote by EbEar
oh and yao151 i love the fact that you as a fan of metallica and slayer likes John Frusciante, i wish more people around here had an open mind like that

see...
I'm not narrow minded

just narrow dicked
I know quite a few people who are excellent musicians and know they are but dont over-hype themselves. Then again i do also know those guys who think that the style they play in is the single best style EVER to play. Like metalheads who wont even branch out into other varieties of music because they think its too gay. Or the guitarist who'd rather learn to shred until his fingers bleed than play something that actually sounds good...
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
I am that cocky friend. But only because I'm joking. And my cock is over 9000.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Yeah. He's a cool guy to be with but once you throw girls in the mix he'll act like a douch to win them over.
Quote by HelpTravesty
Hey everyone, SMOKE WEED!

It's raining blood from a lacerated sky.

Some midget kid who can't get even get his hand all the way around an Ibanez neck. Says he can play Creeping Death/
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by Harmonius
All these threads are stupid. If they suck, they suck. There's absolutely no point in making a thread declaring that they suck. If you do, it probably means you're jealous in which I'd just say get over it.

Tell 'em Harmy!
Quote by Xiaoxi
I am that cocky friend. But only because I'm joking. And my cock is over 9000.

Must be a hassle to pass out every time you get an erection.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Must be a hassle to pass out every time you get an erection.

Yes. Yes it is.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana