Hey guys!!

So, while playing, ive just realized that when i try to slide off chords (towards the headstock), i cant get too far, i mean, i cant slide from the 14th to the 3th, for example. Ive noticed that my thumb kinda get stucked in the fretboard. I wonder what should i do.. Is it just practice and all, or should i take off my thumb while sliding off?

Thanks in advance!
What's your thumb doing there in the first place?
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Oooh. Gotcha.
Well, keep your thumb there to make the chord, but when you slide it, alleviate the pressure on your thumb, but don't take it off completely.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
if your thumb's in the way, yeah, take it off
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
I used to have this problem, and it resulted in a nasty nagging minor thumb injury that took a while to go away.

As froboarder said, let up on the pressure as you slide. The other thing that helped me was mentally focusing on making the position shift with my arm. Previously, I had been thinking about my hand while shifting, and the thumb would kind of dragged into the new position. Not good. Of course, your alway using your arm to move your hand to a new position, I'm talking more about the mental aspect of which body part is the driver.