Is it possible to produce a sound that is the same quality as famous acoustic guitarists like Andy Mckee produce, no matter what guitar you are playing?

I'm trying so hard to make it sound as good as them, I can make it sound pretty good in terms of how clean the pitch is, but it doesn't sound as magical as they make it sound... why? Do I need a better crafted guitar?
remember the editing cleans it up so its basically impossible to get the same sound, what type of guitar are you using?
I would imagine being in a studio setting, having professional sound engineers to help with the recording and edit it later on, would make the music sound more magical. But then again, I'm pretty sure Andy sounds just as if not more magical playing live.
Might be the equipment used, or perhaps he is better able to project his love and enthusiasm for music through his guitar?
Not sure if what I said makes any sense, just ignore me if that didn't sound right. =P
I'm blaming the fact that I can't get my £60 guitar to sound like Andy Mckee's guitar on the actual difference in the quality of guitars.
YellowGreenBlueRed

Quote by webbtje
You live in a ruler, the only child of trouser water (?); it's very fantastic, and salami!
Quote by PaulKaiser
Is it possible to produce a sound that is the same quality as famous acoustic guitarists like Andy Mckee produce, no matter what guitar you are playing?

I'm trying so hard to make it sound as good as them, I can make it sound pretty good in terms of how clean the pitch is, but it doesn't sound as magical as they make it sound... why? Do I need a better crafted guitar?

It's definitely possible to create a sound that is the same quality as andy mckee, but there's a few things you have to remember.
1. Andy Mckee uses custom made guitars(but nobody ever gets the same tone with acoustic guitars anyway)
2. The guitar player will always hear something different than the audience. It's just the nature of the acoustic.
3. Your playing needs to be as clean as andy's

There may be a few other factors too, but these are the main ones I can think of.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.